Homepage problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I'm by no means a computer expert but I am having some major problems. Last night, i accidently clicked ok when asked to install a ActiveX update. It was obviously not an update. I immediately started getting security popups all over my screen that look like the Vista/Microsoft Windows Defender but are in IE so are obviously not real. I have run AVG and Ad Aware and it has gotten better but one obvious problem remains.

When i go to my IE homepage, this site comes up along with a pop-up of a security problem. Any idea what I can do? I have tried to post my HJT but the site will not let me on my first post. Please help!

You're help is very much appreciated.

Matt

I'm a Firefox user but have IE6 for MS Updates. IE6 has the following controls:
tools->Manage Add-ons
show: select "add-ons that HAVE BEEN used ...

now you can see all ActiveX items. Select the one(s) you wish to control and
click the radio button DISABLE

Hi,

You may wish to copy and paste these instructions on notepad for easier reference later.

1. Boot into safe mode under your normal user name. See how HERE
  2. Next turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE

3. After that, run HijackThis and fix the following entries, if found (do this by placing a tick in the check boxes beside these entries and clicking "Fix checked"):

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {2012F73E-7427-4AD8-9E9D-6CBA6E0053D4} - C:\Program Files\Video Add-on\isfmdl.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: IE Custom Tools - {F2BADA0D-FD61-45EF-A994-64A073FD6613} - C:\Program Files\Video Add-on\ictmdl.dll (file missing)
    O4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [some] C:\Program Files\Video Add-on\icthis.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [start] C:\Program Files\Video Add-on\isfmntr.exe
    O9 - Extra button: PalTalk - {4EAFEF58-EEFA-4116-983D-03B49BCBFFFE} - C:\Program Files\Paltalk Messenger\Paltalk.exe (file missing)
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {9034A523-D068-4BE8-A284-9DF278BE776E} - http://www.updatesgate.com/redirect.php (file missing)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: IE Anti-Spyware - {9034A523-D068-4BE8-A284-9DF278BE776E} - http://www.updatesgate.com/redirect.php (file missing)

Close HJT.

4. Navigate in Windows Explorer and delete the following files and folders in bold.

C:\Program Files\Video Add-on
  5. Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.
Thereafter, please post fresh HJT, ComboFix and AVG Antispyware logs from normal mode as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste the logs.

Regards,
momok =)

This thread is for the use of wildemc only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thread closed due to lack of response. Should the original starter require it to be reopened, please PM a mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back