Homepage will not finish opening

steveow

HP Pavillion G6 Notebook
Windows 7
I have the following:
SuperAntiSpyware, SpywareBlaster, Avast Home, MalwareBytes and Comodo Firewall are all up to date regularily except Comodo....I'll explain below. I ran SAS, Avast and MalwareBytes quick scan and all comes up clean.

About 3 days ago I changed my home page from MSN to Foxsports. I turned on the laptop this afternoon and tried to get to the Foxsports homepage and a blank page opens. I can click on a favorites page but it will take 30 seconds+ for that page to open, so something is not right. I went to Internet Options/General and retyped MSN's homepage and applied, but this won't work either. I then went to Comodo and updated and when it finished it prompted me to help Comodo by using Yahoo as my new homepage. I did and that homepage will not open either.

Any help would be appreciated.
steve

Sounds like a DNS or browser cache problem.

• empty the browser cache, quit and relaunch it
  • try another browser.
  • get a command prompt and test the dns with this: nslookup google.com

Did you by chance change your home page on the SuperAntispyware program? Go to the SAS Program & click Preferences>Hi-jack prevention & change your home page there & see if it works now. Just an idea.:)

Thanks for the replies.
Not sure how it fixed itself but it did. After I turned the computer off for the night the next day Yahoo homepage popped right up and seems to be working just fine. I then ran all the scans over and all is fine. Who knows?!
Nonetheless, I appreciate your help :cool:

Back