Horizontal line on monitor

Bluemouse

Hi!

So I have an Acer (ugh) monitor which is a few years old. About two years ago I had a problem where there was a white (semi transparent) line that ran across the monitor about 1/3 of the way down the screen. It appears even on the Acer boot screen (i.e. before it gets video) so it should be a hardware problem with the screen.

It isn't black so it's not dead pixels, and it doesn't seem like stuck pixels either. It's almost like it's the connector at the side of the screen or something? I don't know too much about how precisely LCD monitors work though.

Does anyone have any ideas other than "buy another monitor" or "put up with it"? I'd greatly appreciate some suggestions.

Thanks!

If you don't want to buy another monitor or put up with it then your only other option is to open the monitor up and look around. I would say its probably not a loose cable(you would have a much more noticeable issue if it were that). It could simply be a electronics failure or even a damaged cable. I believe most Acer monitors have a 3 year warranty.

It's not the vga cable since it appears when the ACER logo is there when the monitor is turning on. It has to be something within the monitor itself.

I know there are fixes like pressing on the screen for stuck pixels; I was just wondering if there was something similar for this. The monitor is slightly older than 3 years, so I don't think there's a warranty. Also, I'm pretty sure that it's only a 1 year warranty.

Sorry I meant internal cables. Not VGA/Power.

I know there are fixes like pressing on the screen for stuck pixels; I was just wondering if there was something similar for this.
I think you are out of luck there.

Back