How did ya like My FIC review??

TS | Crazyace

Now, I know this is kinda like opening the floodgates, but I am up for constructive critizism. I feel like If I want to keep improving, then I am open to feedback..

Just not to harsh hehehehe..
Paul
Crazyace

I also accept good comments! :)

It didn't seem to contain the words "Dude" and was quite well worded. I was quite surprised ;) :haha:
Seemed to deal with the main topics one would expect in a motherboard review.

I agree that it was a good mobo review. I think 3DS's next motherboard review should be over the Soyo KT-333 Dragon Ultra board and the Soyo SY-P4S Dragon Ultra comparing the AMD edition to the Intel edition.

I've been looking at these boards lately and they seem to be the best on the market right now IMO of course.

Actually, it was not a mistake. The P4 bus is supposedly quad pumped which means 150 MHz x 4 = 600..
Im using an EPOX now and my ram its at 200MHZ which is theoretically 800MHZ!@

woooooo
Paul

Originally posted by 3DS Crazyace
Actually, it was not a mistake. The P4 bus is supposedly quad pumped which means 150 MHz x 4 = 600..
Im using an EPOX now and my ram its at 200MHZ which is theoretically 800MHZ!@

woooooo
Paul

I understand that the CPU's FSB is Quad Pumped but that can't apply to the Ram ( unless it RDRam ).

It is DDRam ( Double Data Rate ) so 150mhz translates into 300mhz SDR performance.

Let's say I build a system with a P4 & a 845 mainboard ( SDRam version ). Everything at stock speeds. The P4 runs with a FSB of 100 * 400 = 400mhz. The memory runs @ 133 * 1 = 133mhz. I don't have an 845 board but I'm guessing it works the same as te KT133 boards did. The memory speed it set by a 4/3 divider applyed to the FSB -> ( 100 * 4 ) / 3 = 133mhz

If I put it in a 845-D mainboard, the P4 still runs with a FSB of 100 * 4 = 400mhz & the memory is @ 133 * 2 = 266mhz. The memory speed it set by a 4/3 divider applyed to the FSB -> ( ( 100 * 4 ) / 3 ) * 2 = 266mhz

The P4's FSB is quad pumped but that doesn't the Memory is Quad Pumped.

Maybe I'm getting things wrong. I've never seen any DDRam capable of running @ 600mhz before. Jedec still hasn't approved PC3200 Ram which is supposed to be DDRam running @ 200 * 2 = 400mhz.

I don't mean to be skeptical but I'm having a pretty hard time figuring this out.:confused:

I have to agree with Diduo on this...
DDR memory will not be running at 800Mhz and if you somehow have managed to get it running at this speed it will shortly melt ;)

Hello, remember me? I used to post in these forums regularly, hehe :)

Originally posted by SuperCheetah
I agree that it was a good mobo review. I think 3DS's next motherboard review should be over the Soyo KT-333 Dragon Ultra board and the Soyo SY-P4S Dragon Ultra comparing the AMD edition to the Intel edition.

I've been looking at these boards lately and they seem to be the best on the market right now IMO of course.

I'm working on reviews of the Dragon Ultra and Abit KR7A133 RAID.

I'm still trying to get P4 systems to work as well as the Athlon XP systems I've got.

The review seemed fine Paul (not that I'm an expert, but I've done a few mobo reviews). "Added application software" as a final Pro is a bit weak though.

It didn't seem to contain the words "Dude" and was quite well worded

Included in the yellow box with a geeky computer looking cartoon dude

It must be said that FIC have an awful standardised box design though. Almost a plaguerism of p'fessor Frink.

http://www.ocworkbench.com/hardware/fic/az11e/PDRM0304.JPG

http://home.att.net/~videodaze/Frink.gif

Originally posted by Bobes
I'm working on reviews of the Dragon Ultra and Abit KR7A133 RAID.

I'm still trying to get P4 systems to work as well as the Athlon XP systems I've got.

Very nice Bobes. Man, to not post here often you sure do have a high post count!!! ;)

I can't wait to read those reviews...

Back