How do I delete files without booting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I need some help i did something wrong and installed a file to system32 now my windows cannot boot is there is anything i can do to delete the file without booting i tried the cmd but i couldn't delete it please can you help me any post will be appreciated.

try booting into Safe Mode (using F8 while still in VGA mode)

Yep after your post message just start mashing down repeatedly on the f8 key it'll give you a menu for booting up in safe mode, safe mode with network, safe mode with command prompt. you should be able to delete/uninstall it there.

If the above methods don't work tell me what Operating System you have. Always list the computer's specs when asking questions about the computer. Each operating system has different repair tools.

download OTLPE or any other BART (Bootable Anti-Virus and Recovery tools) disk iso and burn it. the computer will boot the environment from the disk and you will have full access to your files that way. this is a good alternative if Safe Mode doesn't work.

Your question...

The answer to your question: You can't delete files without booting into something (I count another computer as something). Try a Linux Live CD/DVD/USB. If you don't mind, what did you install to system32?

If you want to delete a file without booting...you can take off that hard disk and put 'em up as a second harddisk in another computer. Than start that computer system with 2 harddisks and go to "My computer" and open the second drive...and find the file that you will delete...

I hope it will be helpfull...

If you want to delete a file without booting...you can take off that hard disk and put 'em up as a second harddisk in another computer. Than start that computer system with 2 harddisks and go to "My computer" and open the second drive...and find the file that you will delete...
At least you said 'start' instead of 'boot'.

Might be more helpful if you were more specific.], a little vague.

when you take off the harddisk from your current system and put em in another computer as a second harddisk, than you can run that other system with 2 harddisk.

The computer will start/boot with his own harddisk and when the system is running you can go to "my computer" and open the second harddrive (the second harddrive is the harddisk that you has remove from your own computer and has put in another computer)

I hope it is now understandable and not vague :D successss

You could pull the drive, but that seems like too much work when you can just boot off of a Live CD.

Try Bart (if your not a Linux fan) or for Linux.

Least using a live CD you don't need to worry about any other issues as everything remains the same except for removing your file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back