How do I enable animation for the hide inactive arrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good early dawn to all: (time: 2:11AM)

I am hoping someone can help me with this small tweak. I notice on Sony VIAO laptops. The Hide Inactive arrow has a smooth open and close animation. This is the arrow on the bottom right, next to the sytem clock that hides programs that are inactive. I am wondering if someone happens to know how to enable that option. I have looked in tweakui and in visual effects (system performance), but I can't figure out where that visual effect is at.

Please help
thanx

Right click on the "Start" button or the task bar, then properties, taskbar, and you will see a box at the bottom to check to enable this feature.

Also, welcome to TechSpot.

oh thank you very much. I've never had anyone welcome me before in a forum. That was very kind of you.

As for the tweak, there's just one small problem. That check marke enables the arrow, but it doesn't enable the smooth slide effect.

Here's an example of what it should look like.
Go to My computer
On the left column, you have a system taks & a other places.
click on the arrows. If it slide closes or slide opens with a smooth effect (you will know what I mean when you see it), that's how the inactive arrow should open and close as well.

I don't know if this will give you the effect you want, but you can look at it.

Go to, Control Panel/System/Advanced/Performance/Settings/Visual Effects. You can look at some of the options there to see if it will give you the effect you are looking for. Hope this helps.

Thanx buddy,
You won't believe all the places I have checked. Visual Effects, TweakUi, taskbar properties. All over, I'm starting to think it's some sort of registry hack.

sure, go to control panel, performance maintenance, visual effects
check fade or slide menus and slide task bar buttons and you have to reboot in order for the effect to take affect.

I didn't post it before cause I wanted to see if there was anyone who was interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back