How do I force delete a file no matter what significance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care if this file is the catalyst to run my entire OS. I want it gone.

- The file is called spyware_blocker_defs_b462
- Properties show it is .exe, but it does not act like one
- It is just nothing but a bunch of useless spyware definitions
- I downloaded from earthlink site, but I will not be using their spyware program
- When I attempt to delete this program an error message states the program is in use by another person or program and that I need to shut down the program running it
- I have no idea what program is running/depending on it
- I tried MOVING the file into 2 other directories, where it copied itself (didn't act like a cut'n'paste) and now those copies cannot be deleted
- The file cannot be renamed :eek:

As I say, I do not care how important this file is. It is junk, I would like it perma deleted. Is there anything I can do? Thx.

---Edit---

I do not see a way to remove my post, as I never thought I would have found a solution so quickly, or at all. I guess I just got lucky and found a good program, one that is redicously powerful I might add :slurp: . Anyways, I used Dr. Delete 1.1. The 2 copied files were deleted using the 'delete file by DOS command.' That was my original intent but it is a pain, yet this program made it pathetically easy. But the original copy of the file was even more stubborn, so I had Dr. Delete expunge the file upon start up...PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back