How do I reduce voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
My new system's PSU voltage appears to be running a little high, is there any way to reduce it? Here's a readout from SiSoftware Sandra (BIOS concurrs):
[CENTER]CPU Voltage : 1.58V
Aux Voltage : 1.60V
+3.3V Voltage : 3.41V
+5V Voltage : 5.24V
+12V Voltage : 12.40V
-12V Voltage : 1.87V
-5V Voltage : 2.54V
Standby Voltage : 5.07V
[/CENTER]
It looks really odd to me that the negative voltages are registering as positive...
Also, I have reduced the VCore setting in the BIOS from 1.5v to 1.425v, but it doesn't appear to affected anything.

Also, could this be affecting my system performance? It's an Athlon64 3000+, with GeForce4 ti4200 128MB 8x, and it's running games more slowly than my AlthonXP 2500. Games seem to mess up at higher resolutions also (scrolling, flickering badly, etc).

Thanks!
Gamer X

You shouldn't trust software only, it may be that Sandra interprets the sensor readings wrong.
Double check those voltages in BIOS setup (if you have that feature there) or just use a voltmeter.

As I stated above, SiSoft Sandra is reporting the same voltages the BIOS Hardware Information screen is reporting.

How do I lower the voltages?

Thanks,
Gamer X

Sir, your voltages are fine. If your 12v rail said 17, I'd be concerned.

Most psu's don't allow user adjustment anyway. A little more is good because it means you have current overhead, a good thing. You can safely ignore the - voltages as they aren't used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back