How do I replace a capacitor on GeForce4 Ti

By rbarruec
Jun 23, 2003
  1. While trying to upgrade the cooling on my Grandmars or Chaintech GeForce4 TI 4200 128M A-GT21 I broke off a little brown capacitor or transistor, im not sure which.

    It is on the back of the card in a little white box labeled C105. I would like to buy a replacement piece and solder it back on.

    Do you know the specs of this little component? Where do I get one?

    Please help!

    Thank you.

  2. Tarkus

    Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 621

    sounds like a surface mount capacitor. Do you still have the piece, and good eyesight? They're fairly easy to solder back if it isn't broken. Just get some solderwick and clean off the solder pad then tack the part back on with a tiny amount of solder and medium heat on the iron.

    If you don't have the part then you'll have a hard time getting the value of the part and ordering it. If the board works still it was probably just an insignifigant filter cap to keep the power noise down on the board. Probably a .1 or 1 microfarad cap.

    Chaintech techsupport might tell you what it was.
  3. Tarkus

    Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 621

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...