NameBrandHuman

Here is my specs!

Cpu: Athlon 64 x2 5600+ 2.8ghz 2mb L2 cache
Motherboard: Biostar tf7050-m2
Ram: G.Skill ddr2 800 2x1gb
Video card: Evga 8600gt 256mb
Power Supply: 575watt
Hard Drive: 120gb sataII 3.0gb/s

I would like to know approimate fps I should be getting in CS:S. I am getting between 70 and 160 on a 12 slot server. It seems it should be more than that!
I am runing Vista home premium 32bit. Anyone got an idea? It runs more towards the 70 side! and I know people with less of a machine that are getting better fps!

Settings

Are your graphic settings low? Sometimes when you first install CS:S the graphic settings are on full and this may be why your experiencing low fps.

If you go into CS:S and click on options > video > advanced and then turn all your settings to low or recommended it shall improve your frame rate although your detail will be less

You probably already know this but if you go to;
Options > Keyboard > Advanced, and enable the developer console...
Apply the settings and then either in game or at the main menu press "~" on your keyboard and in the console enter, net_graph 3, or 1, 2, 4 etc etc to display a graph in the bottom right hand corner which will tell you your fps.

Hope this helps

Gingey

The only reason I could think of your low FPS is the videocard, a 8500gt is a "bad" card by some standards for playing games. You'd be better off with a 8800gt.

Yes, the 8500, while in the 8 series, is not really good enough for most games nowadays. It really is just a very budget card, and from what I have seen, would only be good for Offices, etc., and then, Onboard is really better.

Your online FPS are determined by a combination of your internet connection's speed and your PC's hardware. You might have a slow connection or settings that are too high for your hardware to handle properly.

Thats a consumer video card for apps, and not for gaming, although it can run games, they wont be that fast.

Be happy with your 70fps thats good for your system. Also what is the lowest FPS u see, thats more important. You never want it to drop below 30fps ,,,, for smooth play thruout...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back