How Many Languages Do You Know?

T

tifc8lraz

I was just curious how many bi+ lingual people we have here at Techspot. I myself speak English (I know English), Spanish (Hablo Español), and a tiny bit of Russian (Я знаю Русский)(I'm literate but I have trouble spelling things, and I know a few phrases). Have a good day :wave: !

I speak Danish (Jeg taler dansk), English, very little French (Je parle français)
(and a few lousy lines of German that aren't even enough to say "I speak German" :( )

Being Danish I don't have a pretty hard time understanding Swedish and Norwegian.
--
Edit: If that's how we're doing it then: ActionScript, C, C++, Python, HTML, Command.com/cmd, D (not fluently), Visual Basic (not that I ever use it), GML (lame I know)

Åse skulle et vigtigt ærinde før hun kunne nå at æde rødgrød med fløde.
Annoying those non-english characters, aren't they? :)

Fortran, Cobol, PL/1, PLS, Assembler, TAL, C, Java, Perl, Tcl/TK, sh, csh, bash,
Prolog, SQL

guess I'm a bi-geek :)

English, and after living almost ten years in Japan, I have picked up a fair amount of Japanese. 皆さんこんにちは!

DonNagual said:
English, and after living almost ten years in Japan, I have picked up a fair amount of Japanese. 皆さんこんにちは!

Whoops, I guess it's time to install the IE Language packs, all I see are white boxes ;) !

jobeard said:
Fortran, Cobol, PL/1, PLS, Assembler, TAL, C, Java, Perl, Tcl/TK, sh, csh, bash,
Prolog, SQL

Now your just showing off :haha:

English, well lets face it, its the most widely spoken language in the world, you dont need to speak any other language.

Oh I also speak child, and drunk, quite well.

Regards

Ididmyc600 said:
Now your just showing off :haha:

English, well lets face it, its the most widely spoken language in the world, you dont need to speak any other language.

Oh I also speak child, and drunk, quite well.

Regards

As I said in another post, is that really appropriate for the younger users?

I know enough to get what I want and thats it. I can read and write german a little, its been awhile

German

Arab

Korean

The arab is what a learned when I was in Iraq. You know " Stop or I will kill you" or "You cannot marry my wife"

Korean is just limited to hello, thank you, good bye, one please and I need a cab

My wife deciphers the ***** for others at times

Spanish
English
Italian
Portuguese (limited, but im getting there)
French (only understand)

...and a few phrases in Korean since I went to an International school a few years back.

Любой здесь говорит на русском языке? :unch:
Does anyone speak Russian here? :unch:

If someone does, I need help with memorizing the present tense! I really hope my school offers Russian next year so I'll actually be able to do more that read it and stand dumbfounded over the book while asking my friend to decipher it for me :D

I speak:

English
Italian
some German
Russian ( Cant type it but I can speak it :D )
some French ( only to show off to the ladies ;) )

TimeParadoX said:
I speak:

English
Italian
some German
Russian ( Cant type it but I can speak it :D )
some French ( only to show off to the ladies ;) )

Wow....15 years old and you know all that? Dang, wish I was that smart when I was 15! lol...

TimeParadoX said:
Yeah Halo, It's good to speak more languages... You can mess with people :D

I love to do that! Sometimes I'll just go and say *something* in either Spanish or Russian. If I'm bored, I write in Russian, and no one knows (except my friends) what I'm saying :D !

EDIT:
TimeParadox, I need help with the Russian Present tense! (i.e ya -> u, ti -> esh, on/ona -> aet, etc.)

The BN LTC needs to see the NCOIC at 1800 in regards to the PFC who received NSF for his DPP. The SFC said that the PFC was FUBAR. Now the PFC is on CQ for 45 of ED.

smore9648 said:
The BN LTC needs to see the NCOIC at 1800 in regards to the PFC who received NSF for his DPP. The SFC said that the PFC was FUBAR. Now the PFC is on CQ for 45 of ED.

FUBAR: Fuc**d up beyond all recognition. Tango and Cash 1989.

Shall we see if anyone else can decipher this, theres a prize of "smarty of the year award" to the first one,

Smore9648 and any associates,friends,family etc are not allowed to enter...

Its definately not ***** Speak thats for sure....

Regards

Ididmyc600 said:
FUBAR: Fuc**d up beyond all recognition. Tango and Cash 1989.

Shall we see if anyone else can decipher this, theres a prize of "smarty of the year award" to the first one,

Smore9648 and any associates,friends,family etc are not allowed to enter...

Its definately not ***** Speak thats for sure....

Regards

Anyone in the military can decipher it easily.
I can make it harder if you wish

The AO is located in the new FOB which is near this LSA. BIAP is not the place to be with a LOGPAC. SGM performed an AAR with the NCO on SAETA and OPSEC. Too many LTs are giving away the GPS over unsecured COMSEC.

Back