how much RAM do i really need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deano3041

ok i am lookin to build a new rig and i really have a tight budget as in i cant spend more than 200$ on my ram and i need to kno should i go with 1, 1.5, or 2 GB's of ram and what brand should i git i want it to be able to run the latest games at screaming rates and decent multitaskability 1 GB is good now but im sure games not to far in the future will demand more to run smoothly so plz let me kno how much and what kind do i really need?

thanx

1 gig is enough. For future games make sure your video card has at least 256mb. When I went from 512 to 1 gig of system RAM the only real difference I noticed was the games and levels loaded alot faster. My gaming and 3d benchmarks stayed the same.

I had 1 gig of ram which in theory is plenty for many game's.. The one game that i did notice the increase from 1 gig to 2 gig was battlefield 2. Is it worth the extra 1gig well it depends on what you play. if you play every game except bf2 then 1 gig is plenty bf2 2 gig is reccomended... it really does help in that.. but like vegasgmc says get 1 gig and a decent graphic card. You can always upgrade later it's cheap enough to buy now adays.

As to what type i personally like OCZ or GEIL memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back