How to enable 'unable to access' files using ProcExplorer

PhilipMoore62

I have files listed below which when logged in as the administrator I'm unable to access. Does this indicate infection on my system? Thank you in advance for your assistance

ProcExplorer.PNG

"logged in as the administrator I'm unable to access" logged in HOW
  • runas /user:administrator
  • vs
  • switch user and login from system

I'm sorry I only speak English Tech ese I don't understand. What are you asking please?
I'm logged in through MS Windows 10 as admin user. I'm sorry I don't understand your question.

The solution will be a bunch of operations on the NFS perms, but if "runas /user:administrator ..." is not in your tool bag, I fear you will only destroy your system, so I am declining to assist you in doing so.

The solution will be a bunch of operations on the NFS perms, but if "runas /user:administrator ..." is not in your tool bag, I fear you will only destroy your system, so I am declining to assist you in doing so.

The solution will be a bunch of operations on the NFS perms
I've never been disappointed with questions I've asked using techspot Up until now. I thought this forum focused on giving answers of clear and specific questions. I am very frustrated with you response. I'll repeat myself I'm logged in as the Administrator to my Windows account. I'll report back once I've found the answer. TFYT (thanks for your time.)

I'm not sure what either of you is talking about. :)

Is there a problem with the computer in that it is not working properly or are you finding your way around and are worried about what is in the screen shots? For example can you surf the internet with Firefox and is File Explorer opening? Providing you have kept your AVG security software up to date I doubt that you have a virus.

No this does not mean you are infected. If this is what you are asking. These are system files for Windows. This is why you do not have access to them.

I'm not sure what either of you is talking about. :)

Is there a problem with the computer in that it is not working properly or are you finding your way around and are worried about what is in the screen shots? For example can you surf the internet with Firefox and is File Explorer opening? Providing you have kept your AVG security software up to date I doubt that you have a virus.

Thank you for your willingness to interject. As stated earlier I don't speak techy language all that well. I'm trying to better understand inaccessible files. An NO I'm not asking to keep you guys busier than I know you already are. I had an experience late last week which was a bit bewildering. I had sent a report to facebook about what seemed to obviously indicate impersonation. There were two profiles with the Same name with different credentials. This person had been harassing me. Directly after report submission was when the circus began complete with my entire OS being remotely commandeered by an unknown guest. I contacted Mr Broni, (in Virus and Removal at TS) and he provided a clean bill of health of my OS. My question is are there other areas that have the potential for compromise?

I agree with Cobalt006. Maybe you have run some third party software that has thrown up the screenshots. HKLM is part of the Windows registry and the last thing you want to do is get in there and change something. A few little changes and you will have a screwed up computer.

Last edited:
You beat my last post by seconds. I'm not experienced with social networking either. Certainly you need to make sure that your computer cannot be remotely controlled. There are Windows setting for this but I'm afraid I can't elaborate. In your position I'd change my passwords for stuff like internet banking and shopping.

Are you referring to the screen shots I made using the Windows Snip-it tool? There were no third party programs running. I got back from a morning walk only to have my computer showing a mouse moving about opening and adding all kinds of s@@t on my desktop. (tmp and .dll files) I ended up restoring the computer while saving all files which seems to have corrected the source of the issue. When thinking in terms of uninvited guest's I'm uncomfortable seeing in ProcExplorer files that have there access denied.
My question is are there other areas that have the potential for compromise?
procexplorer-png.81302

If this is the case. Make sure you have ( Remote Assistance connections) under the system Icon in the control panel. Unchecked.

If you are using a router. Change it pass key.

No , you need to go under the system Icon. In the control panel. Once inside the control panel click on the system icon. Once it opens. Look for remote settings. Once you find remote settings click on it. Once it opens . You should see (allow remote assistance connections to this computer) If the box is check next to it. Uncheck the box. This will disable it.

Yes this is correct. If you own a router . Change it pass key if you know how. Make sure your firewall is up and running. Plus all windows updates are install. Plus make sure you have a good virus protection.

Cobalt006-
Thank you for your information. The patience and courtesy you have shown is what has made Techspot the excellent resource that I've always known it to be. I will follow your directions.
Thanks again for your assistance. :)

Back