How to flash BIOS on GA-6VX7B-4X

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjKraid

Hi!

So I'm was wondering how to flash the BIOS, I have downloaded the "BIOS update" moved it
to a FDD and the computer can't boot from the FDD. It says that "Not a bootable device" or
something like that...
So do I have to make a w98 "startup disk" or something like that to get the computer to boot
from it? -or is there something else I need to do to get it to falsh?

Hardware:
Mobo: Ggabyte, GA-6VX7B-4X
CPU: Intel Celeron 1GHz
-640Mb RAM
-nVidia MX2 (AGP)
-USB PCI card
-TP-Link GB LAN (PCI)

Boot order:
1. FDD
2. CD
3. HDD

It appears that your motherboard does not feature the Q-Flash utility that supports booting from the floppy drive. According to the motherboard manual, the following is the BIOS flashing procedure:

BIOS update procedure:

Please check your BIOS vendor (AMI or AWARD) on the motherboard.

It is recommended you copy the AWDFlash.exe or AMIFlash.exe in driver CD (D:\>Utility\BIOSFlash) and the BIOS binary files into the directory you made in your hard disk.[i.e:C:\>Utility\ (C:\>Utility : denotes the driver and the directory where you put the flash utilities and BIOS file in.)]

Restart your computer into MS-DOS mode or command prompt only for Win95/98, go into the directory where the new BIOS file are located use the utility AWDFlash.exe or AMIFlash.exe to update the BIOS.

Type the following command once you have enter the directory where all the files are located C:\utility\ AWDFlash or AMIFlash <filename of the BIOS binary file intended for flashing>

Once the process is finished, reboot the system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back