How to make a warning message on XP home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, new to the forum. I want to make a security warning prior to users logging on to the computer. Can anyone give me any ideas as to how to do this. I have tried a few things that I read on web but none works for XP Home

I want to put a warning that the system is monitored and that no one can expect anything to be private. I want all users to see this as they log on

What kind of environment are you talking about? Work? Home?

I can't imagine what it is that can't be verbally stated. It seems like you may have some special circumstances, but other than verbally or discipline, whether in a work OR home environment, I don't know of a way to post this kind of warning on a system.

If you are an employer, then there are special programs to do this type of monitoring- but I don't know of anything that 'tells' them it's being done other than the rules an employer sets up.

It's definitely possible. This is the first thing I thought of when reading your situation. But you'll probably need to find someone who can write a simple program for you that will perform your desired task.

What I would do is write a simple Windows application program in C++ that displays an OK-window (a window that displays a message, with an OK button to close that window) and set that to run at startup.
C++ compilers output the finished file as a .exe executable, which can then be added as a Windows startup program.

"Startup Programs" are relative to the log-in user, not System Startup.

IMO, this request is questionable at best and if implemented could induce the
user to take repair actions when none were required -- ie; fake system warnings :(

just my $0.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back