How to open up my netbook

Alright, so I've had this devilish little netbook for like two years, and so far the OS and the charging port have been shot. Replacing the OS is easy, it's just I cannot, for the life of me, open the casing up. I've tried for like 1 year, taking out every single screw I see that's in the frame, but nooooo it still doesn't want to come off. I've jammed screwdrivers inside and tryed prying open which was probably a bad idea but I know I didn't break anything from doing that, just scuff marks on the outside. Gateway calls this son of a b**** the LT2016u netbook. I've tried looking for a disassembly guide but gave up like 6 months ago. If you help me, I will love you forever.

I'll prematurely apologize for my answer although I believe I can rightly say it. Even if I knew how to do such,(open it up) I wouldn't tell you how to because I have no way to know factually if its yours or not.

I'll prematurely apologize for my answer although I believe I can rightly say it. Even if I knew how to do such,(open it up) I wouldn't tell you how to because I have no way to know factually if its yours or not.
Does it actually matter if it's mine? How is that important? I mean I already have the hard drive, memory, and some other little thing that might have to do with the wifi or something lol. What else is there that could potentially bad(I guess that would be an appropriate word)? And cliffordcooley, I'm trying to take the bottom part, not the screen is fine. Or at least the last time it worked it was fine haha

That was the easiest part, actually. Considering they're just hidden behind 3 doors on the bottom lol

The key is probably removing the keyboard. There are more than likely screws under the keyboard. Just don't remove the keyboard the way this id_ot did so.

Gateway LT20 netbook keyboard removal RAGE!!!!

Look for tiny catches along the top of the keyboard. I've seen videos where people use credit cards to remove keyboards. Those catches (from the video I linked) at the bottom of the keyboard are too large to be forced. It's no wonder he caused damage and then was complaining about it.

OH MY GOD IT WORKED(y) . But I still can't turn it on even after taking most of it apart, air dusting and checking ribbon connections. Ughh I have to spend money now, wonderful

Does it actually matter if it's mine? How is that important? I mean I already have the hard drive, memory, and some other little thing that might have to do with the wifi or something lol. What else is there that could potentially bad(I guess that would be an appropriate word)? And cliffordcooley, I'm trying to take the bottom part, not the screen is fine. Or at least the last time it worked it was fine haha

That was the easiest part, actually. Considering they're just hidden behind 3 doors on the bottom lol
In my opinion yes.

:) He states in his first post he has had it for two years. I believe him. Why eles would somebody in their right mine tear one down. They are sometimes a pain.

Back