how to set a password for my router?

Status
Not open for further replies.

transviruses

how to set a password for my D-link wireless router(DL 524)?? so other people can not use it unless they know the pass. thx

From HERE

Step 1 Open a web browser and enter the IP address of the wireless router in the address bar (default is 192.168.0.1). Press Enter.

Step 2 The default username is admin and the password is blank (nothing). Click OK.

Step 3 Click the Tools tab and then click Admin to the left.

Step 4 To change the administrative password, enter a new password in the Admin section.

To change the user password, enter a new password in the User section.

Step 5 Click Apply then click Continue to save the settings.

srry i meant for saying when other people are trying to access to internet through my router with a adapter they need to know the pass to do it.

you need to set encription for it

there are 2 types of encripption one is a WEP key whitch is the one you want to use, the way i did it on my netgear is i went to setup ( refer to pennents post on how to enter) then find ssomething that says wirless router or encription it will ask you to set a router name chennel and wep encription code, enter what ever you like, then it will give you four keys, choose one. REMBER THE NAME AND CODE

apply the settinbgs it may take a few minuters. Then you will need to do this on your computer inorder top acess the internet and your set, i hope i explandination was not to hard

good luck :bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back