How to update Android version

I have an out of warrenty Samsung Galaxy Prime with Android v5. I've since learned that Android v6 or higher is the version that I need. I've inserted a 32 MB SD card; but, the phone doesn't recognize it as internal memory. There is no update available showing when I look in Settings. Where can I learn how to update the Android version while it is locked by my service provider or unlocked, for that matter.

What you want is to install a custom ROM on your mobile with the android version you want to install, You need to find the ROM specific for your mobile though as installing a new which either isn't a stable ROM or a ROM not specific for your device can lead your mobile to not function properly.

You'd better not do it on your own as you can broke your phone. If you can't find updates in your phone settings it means there are none of them for your OS version.
Second this, my fault for just springing up the idea without pointing out the obvious drawbacks and cons.An incompatible ROM will either lead to malfunctioning features in your mobile or you might end up with a broken phone if this process is done incorrectly. Ideally you should stick with the Official release updates that are provided to you by the vendor. If you ever wish to do the method I spoke of be aware of the consequences, If the mobile is under warranty it will be voided.

Second this, my fault for just springing up the idea without pointing out the obvious drawbacks and cons.An incompatible ROM will either lead to malfunctioning features in your mobile or you might end up with a broken phone if this process is done incorrectly. Ideally you should stick with the Official release updates that are provided to you by the vendor. If you ever wish to do the method I spoke of be aware of the consequences, If the mobile is under warranty it will be voided.

Once I tried to renew my android version myself and as a result I lost my phone forever :) It turned in a brick. Since then I'm happy with the system that is installed and if there's no official releases you'd better not risk with it. It's easier to buy a new phone. Now it's easy to find a good one for a very affordable price.

Hello,
There are two processes to update your phone
1. when your phone manufacturer company provide you with an update.
then its quite simple you have to click just settings and then find an option called about and there you find an option called software update.
2. you need a custom Rom which is compatible your phone Then you have to flash your phone with that custom ROM then you have your upgraded version.
Hope this will help you.
Thanks

This is a Very simple. Make sure your battery is more than 60%. Connect to wifi. open settings, and then about the phone, there you can check for new updates. If the update is available you can install. But It Takes some time

Yes, you can update android version easily . battery is more than 60% . then connect to wifi and go to setting. go to about the phone, and check new update. so this is simple process.

This is simple process and nothing else . and just go to setting and About Phone and check Update weather is it avalible or not . its take so on . and restart your phone

Root it. Search the code for the android version installed and change it. All that Android is - is a Linux devise that Google locks. Here is the coding to find the Linux Kernel version.

Hey,

Just check out your phone settings. Check out the option 'System Update'

You can update directly if there is a new version available for your device.

Back