How website get user infomation

Thank for reading. Like the title, I wonder how website get the user information to avoid it. I'd do a research, and find out that they get the information through cookie, the user account, IP and user agent. So I wonder if there any element that they can through that, they can definite who I'm I and what information they can get. Thank alot

Well done (y)

Every access to any website returns some kind of webpage.
Before it returns anything, it sees the Request Headers and that's where the User Agent string and Cookies are given to the site. Tracking cookies can be plentiful and disclose where you've been. After the webpage is fully loaded, your browsing history is exposed and can be sent to the website.

As a best practice, we set DO NOT TRACK and Clear History & Cache Upon Exit of the browser

You need to know that even if you use the "do not track" trick or disable cookies, your browser can still track you and so can certain websites. Unfortunately, malware infections and cyber crooks can access your browsing history and thus steal such info, and then use it for deceiving your with relevant-looking advertising to lure you onto malicious and fake websites like fake online shops.

There are two options if you are annoyed by this and would like to enjoy some privacy or anonymity. You can either install a free privacy-centered browser like Epic Privacy browser or you can use a trustworthy VPN program, which may cost you maybe 3-10 dollars a month.

Get into the habit of clearing browsing data before closing down the browser. Tap Ctrl+Shift+Delete keys as you are on your browser's window and follow the steps.

Firefox has a setting that does this automatically with every termination of the browser - - so you can't forget :grin:

If you don't want websites to collect any information about you - use Tor browser. It changes your IP address every time and it doesn't save your history. So you shouldn't even think about cleaning cash and everything else.

These are some great tips, I was also looking to clear my web history and cookies etc. I also use "prefetch" on the command prompt of windows to delete the unnecessary files stored on my laptop.

Back