How will this build perform?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking of buying a new computer since my old one failed on me.
So I found this one, and I'm wondering if ya'll might know how it would perform with the newest and upcoming games like BShock, GoW, Crysis, ET:QW, WiC and UT3. Appreciate the help!

Build:

Corsair Value Select 2x1024MB Kit (tot. 2GB) DDR2 PC2-5300 667MHz CL5

Abit IL9 Pro i945P 4DDR2-DIMM 3PCI 3PCIe SATA Audio GB-LAN Socket775 ATX

Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33GHz 4MB FSB1333 Boxed Socket 775

Gainward BLISS GeForce 8600GTS GS 256MB DDR3
or
BFG GeForce 8600GT OC2 620MHz GPU ThermoIntelligence 512MB DDR3

I'm not a hundred percent sure about the gfx card but I figured you guys could help me out with that choice!

You're building this one? As in searching for parts and stuff?

If you give me a budget that you can work with, I can try to come up with as good a computer as possible. i'm building one too. and i also want it to be able to play bioshock. gears of war i'm not so sure about. but for the most part, the rig i've got will be able to put up with a lot of modern games.

my specs for the build i've got:
AMD 64 x2 5200+ 2.6ghz
Radeon X1950 256mb
2 gigabytes a-data RAM ddr2 pc2-6400 800mhz
GIGABYTE GA-M61P-S3 AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 ATX AMD motherboard
160 gigabyte western digital hard drive
OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS ATX12V / EPS12V 600W Power Supply

to my knowledge, these specs would perform very admirably with 90% of the games you listed. and this stuff, with a 50 dollar case comes to $591.

anyway. give me a budget, and i'll try to come up with a decent rig. i don't know if you're heart set on having an intel processor or not either. it's harder to find a stable motherboard that supports that processor which isn't dead on arrival and keep it relatively inexpensive.

Actually, I kinda got an offer in this particular set-up, but the whole "search and chose" thing is not totally out of the way. Anyway, i don't need an HDD or DVD-drive since I alrdy got those. To bad the whole budget-thingy won't work to well since we don't share the same currency and taxes.
Sometimes it sucks being swedish :(

aw man you're kidding. wow. well the currency won't be so bad. i found a converter. so at least i'd be able to come up with some rough numbers. it's not that big of an issue.

as for a part exchange, change out the 8600 for the x1950. in a recent article that compared the x2600 HD from ATI, and the 8600, the x1950 was deemed the winner. go figure. that card still has some punch that beats newer graphics cards. it runs bioshock on medium graphics with stunning amounts of frames. and it only improves as you go to lower resolutions. for me, 1280x1024 is the max i would ever really care to run a game, so i can expect marvelous performance out of it. but on higher resolutions, it still delivers decent frame rates.

in swedish currency, the 512mb version of the 1950 that i found costs 839.867 krona. and it costs roughly the same as the 8600. that's really the only change i would make to your setup.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102094

that intel is a beast. the processor i'm looking at isn't very far behind. but every bit of performance helps. that system will run very nicely.

Checked out what the parts you choosed would cost on the swedish market, and I got suprised.
Talk about expensive here in Sweden, it sucks man, it truly does. I converted the 6193SEK your build landed on into $ and saw that the same stuff u get in the US for about 500$, we get here in sweden for about 917$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back