How would you rate my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tifc8lraz

I was just wondering how this would compare with current-gen hardware capabilities. Only current-gen comparisons please, I already know that end of the world is near with DirectX10 and Vista coming along ;) ! Thanks for the votes! :bounce:

SPECS:

Asus M2NPV-VM2 nForce 430 Motherboard
1024Mb (2X512 Dual Channel) DDR2 675 Memory
160Gb Western Digital Caviar SE 7200RPM Hard Drive
e-GeForce 7900GS KO w/256Mb 256-Bit Memory
19" Xerox LCD Screen
Sony DRX-500ULX DVD-Writer
Generic (Crappy) Black Case
(Newer Power Supply 400-500Watts w/at least 24A on 12V/Rail)

Link your system Cfitzarl because im too lazy to look on Newegg at all the products :haha:

From what I can see it's a pretty good system, Just upgrade to 2gigs RAM ( or atleast 1 or 1.5 ) and you'll be able to run almost any game

I rate it a 9.99999991/10! :D

LoL what's with having a range on your power supply? Your PSU can switch wattage? lol ;)

I agree with TimeParadoX about increasing the amount of RAM. Make it 2GB to preserve a dual-channel configuration.

You could also maybe get another hard drive? It all depends. For me, I download a lot (they're all Legal downloads, of course!! :D) and I found out recently that I have almost used up my 250GB...heh.

Now about your system as a whole..well all I could say is I wish I had that..:)

I give it 9.99999992/10! :D

Grafficks said:
LoL what's with having a range on your power supply? Your PSU can switch wattage? lol ;)

I agree with TimeParadoX about increasing the amount of RAM. Make it 2GB to preserve a dual-channel configuration.

You could also maybe get another hard drive? It all depends. For me, I download a lot (they're all Legal downloads, of course!! :D) and I found out recently that I have almost used up my 250GB...heh.

Now about your system as a whole..well all I could say is I wish I had that..:)

I give it 9.99999992/10! :D

I'm currently looking for a PSU ;) . I'm receiving most of my upgrades as gifts, so I can't really complain. I will have upgraded my ram when I switch over to Vista (1-2Years), and that's all I can guarantee. My 160Gb HD is plenty for me. I have 91Gb free right now, with a capacity listed as 149Gb total capacity. Thanks for everyone's feedback!!!!

For me, I download a lot (they're all Legal downloads, of course!! ) and I found out recently that I have almost used up my 250GB...heh.

Yeah downloading stuff takes up alot of space, I download the Pure Pwnage episodes ( it's a internet tv show just incase you dont know ) and since they are all .avi video files they are like double the file size as a compressed movie so I have no space left :haha:

Also Cfitzal why Upgrade to vista? It's not really worth it because there is alot of bugs and stuff, But if Crysis comes out only for Vista then i'll have to upgrade :(

TimeParadoX said:
Yeah downloading stuff takes up alot of space, I download the Pure Pwnage episodes ( it's a internet tv show just incase you dont know ) and since they are all .avi video files they are like double the file size as a compressed movie so I have no space left :haha:

Also Cfitzal why Upgrade to vista? It's not really worth it because there is alot of bugs and stuff, But if Crysis comes out only for Vista then i'll have to upgrade :(

I want to upgrade in about 1-2 years when most of the bugs will be sorted out. I want to get the version with Aero so I can please myself with all of the useless features that we'll never use nor care about :D .

TimeParadoX said:
Lol yeah Vista does have some useless crap, Guess that's why it's $500 :D

Did you see my Desktop setup? ( https://www.techspot.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/1467/cat/500/ppuser/93413 ) Techspot has a Vista theme in the Downloads > Visual Enhancements and it changes your whole computer to look / do exactly what vista does ( except for a few things... just incase microsoft is reading this :haha: ) and it's pretty cool

Thanks, I'll be trying that out ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back