HP 9000 Laserjet As A local Printer With Crossover Cable

Setfree

I am trying to connect a HP 9000 Laserjet to an old Supermicro Server running Windows XP Pro SP3. The HP does not have a USB port, but does have an RJ45 port so I used a Crossover Cable (Cat6). But Windows does not see the connection even after re-seating both ends. Cable is new and my cable tester shows it is good. What am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated.

You should not need a crossover cable. If they are directly connected you will need to assign a static IP address to each that is in the same subnet.

You should not need a crossover cable. If they are directly connected you will need to assign a static IP address to each that is in the same subnet.
Thanks Gabriel Pike. I did look at that option as I know you can do that. I may end up doing the USB to Parallel Port which in my case (since the server does not have a Parallel Port) may be my best option. Thanks again Gabriel Pike!

Thanks Gabriel Pike. I did look at that option as I know you can do that. I may end up doing the USB to Parallel Port which in my case (since the server does not have a Parallel Port) may be my best option. Thanks again Gabriel Pike!
Back to square 1... So I tried the USB to Parallel Port. Problem is the connection on the printer is a Mini-Centronics not a 36-Pin like on my cable. (I know, I should have looked first.) So now I have to get a 36-Pin Centronics to Mini-Centronics Adapter, and hoping that will work. The only one on Amazon will take until July 1-7.

Back