HP dv5 1252nr drivers for Xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,
I'm really worry about my laptop, I bought a HP dv5 1251 nr but as much people do I tnhink vista is awfull so I change it for xp profesional SP3, but drivers are usually difucult to get and the vista's doesn't match xp, so please tell me were I can find them for the Xp, well this is the machine I bought, thanks in advanced....

Product Name dv5-1251nr
Product Number NB165UA#ABA
Microprocessor 2.00 GHz Intel Centrino Processor Technology featuring Intel Core2 Duo Processor T6400
Microprocessor Cache 2MB L2 Cache
Memory 4096MB
Memory Max 8192MB
Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS NB9M GE
Video Memory Up to 2302MB (512MB dedicated)
Hard Drive 320GB (5400RPM)
Multimedia Drive LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support
Display 15.4" Diagonal WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800) Display
Fax/Modem High speed 56k modem
Network Card Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Wireless Connectivity Intel WiFi Link 5100AGN

Sound Altec Lansing speakers
Keyboard 101-key compatible
Pointing Device Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical scroll Up/Down pad
PC Card Slots 1 ExpressCard/54 Slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)
External Ports 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards
4 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0, 4th port shared with eSATA
2 Headphone out
1 microphone-in
HDMI
1 VGA (15-pin)
eSATA + USB 2.0
1 RJ-11 (modem)
1 RJ -45 (LAN)
1 notebook expansion port 3
1 IEEE 1394
Firewire (4-pin)
1 Consumer IR (Remote Receiver)

Dimensions 14.05" (L) x 10.2" (D) x 1.37" (min H)/1.65" (max H)
Weight 5.83Ibs
Security Kensington MicroSaver lock slot
Power-on password
Accepts 3rd party security lock devices

Power 90W AC Adapter
6-Cell Lithium-Ion battery

What's In The Box HP Mobile Remote Control

HP Pavilion WebCam

I had a look on the HP website for you.
They dont seem have drivers for XP...
Here's the link where you pick your OS and then it diplays the drivers, but as you will see when you select XP it only comes with a firmware upgrade for the hard drive.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3872413&lc=en&cc=uk&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=uk

This might be a case of searching the manufactures website of each piece of hardware and downloading the XP driver from there.
Also there is a small chance, and i mean a very small chance if you can get the network driver and then connect to the internet that windows updates will be able to find a few for you.
Like i said..Thats not very likely.

I fully agree with the advice from account73.

HP built your computer and HP chose all the devices they wanted to include. So normally one would go to the HP site and they would give you all the device drivers for all those devices they chose.

However, once you switched to XP you're on your own :(

1) As account73 noted, if you can connect to the internet, WIndows MIGHT be able to find some of the drivers for you (if you're lucky)

2) But, at least, here's a tip on how to easily get a list the problem devices (with driver issues) currently on your computer you need to fix
  • First make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • The list that appears is the list you devices you need to fix

Account73 & Lookin around

Well I took your advice and some of the drivers were at the manufacturer's websites.

I have some questions:
The altec lansing technology have an specific driver or you instal it when you instal the audio driver? the red light on the laptop is always red even when the volume is on....

the icon on the wireless device changed when I installed XP, maybe the software is not the correct one? at the manager devices appears 3 network adapters....one by default ( network adapter 1394) one is Intel wifi 5100 agn an the last one is realtek rtl8168c(p)/8111c(p) family Pci-e gbe nic......maybe there is a conflict on this or they have different functions?

But there are some devices I really don`t know where to find or who's the manufacturer, like the bus high definition audio or the PCI ISA standar bridge or the sm bus controller,for these 03 devices I couldn't find the appropriate driver.
when I run the msinfo32 it showed me 2 conflicts:
from the bus controller:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2930&SUBSYS_3603103C&REV_03\3&B1BFB68&0&FB

other one says no available:
ACPI\ENE0100\4&B310638&0

Sorry I'm really a beginner on these subjects and I really don`t have much time to search.

Thanks for helping me out...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back