The creator-focused HP 34 All-in-One Desktop PC is now available for pre-order

midian182

Staff member
In brief: Long gone are the days when All-In-One (AiO) PCs were bought solely by office workers and those who didn’t know what PC actually stood for. Today, AiOs can offer a compelling mix of top-end display and powerful hardware inside a single unit, and the HP Envy 34 All-in-One is a prime example of that.

After showing off its machine earlier this year, HP has confirmed that the Envy 34 All-in-One can now be pre-ordered from its website, with delivery set for November 30, 2021.

The highlight here is the screen: a 34-inch, 5K (5120 x 2160) IPS that can reach 500 nits and covers 98% of the DCI-P3 color gamut. That high-resolution, size, and 21:9 aspect ratio make it a great option for content creators, as well as productivity and multitasking fans. It also comes with a detachable, magnetic camera with HP Enhanced Lighting, and it's got wireless charging built into the base.

Buyers also get an eight-core/sixteen-thread 11th-gen Core i7-11700 processor. Intel’s CPU offers a 2.5GHz base frequency, a boost of up to 4.9 GHz, and 16 MB of L3 cache.

But the HP Envy 34 All-in-One isn’t all about work. It also comes with an Nvidia RTX 3060 graphics card as standard, allowing you to play Watch Dogs Legion and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla at around 60 fps in 1080p, or Shadow of the Tomb Raider at about 83 fps in 1440p, as shown in our own testing.

Elsewhere, HP’s AiO features 16GB of DDR4-2666 RAM and a 1TB NVMe TLC M.2 SSD; there are three extra M.2 expansion slots. Connectivity is provided through one HDMI 2.1 port, three display ports, three Type-C ports (two Thunderbolt 4), six USB Type-A (four 10Gbps, two 5Gbps), one RJ-45, and a headphone jack.

Buyers also get an integrated 3-in-1 memory card reader, Bang & Olufsen dual speakers, and Windows 11 Home.

The HP Envy 34 All-in-One can be pre-ordered now for $2,349.99. We can expect more powerful models with beefier graphics card/CPU options to arrive at some point in the future.

HP is currently running an early holiday sale that features a slew of discounts on laptops, PCs, and more, including the RTX 3080-powered Omen 30L desktop.

Permalink to story.

I'm sure the display and AIO is quite nice and everything, but 1st photo reek of fabrication by PR departament.

Nobody in right frame of mind will sit like 35 cm away from 5K display doing work. I know it for myself if in full sRGB or DCI-P3 mode when color correcting I'm ~85 cm away from 1440p screen (stand desk) and it's utter pain for eyes.

With 5K at ~35cm you'll get a tan in November. :p

It's the Microsoft Studio all over again. Such nice panels being hobbled by subpar hardware. Is it really so hard to add an HDMI input? When the hardware inevitably gets long in the tooth you can't even use the panel as a separate display. The better approach would be to stuff the computer internals into a thin-client form factor and then bolt it to the back of the display via VESA mount. Or pack the internals into the base of the stand and route a guide channel for the display cable through the stand shaft.

It's the Microsoft Studio all over again. Such nice panels being hobbled by subpar hardware. Is it really so hard to add an HDMI input? When the hardware inevitably gets long in the tooth you can't even use the panel as a separate display. The better approach would be to stuff the computer internals into a thin-client form factor and then bolt it to the back of the display via VESA mount. Or pack the internals into the base of the stand and route a guide channel for the display cable through the stand shaft.

Re-read the article, there IS an HDMI 2.1 input...
anywayn I've never been a fan of AIO PCs, not upgradeable, or too much of a pain.
If screen dies, you're left with a PC without a screen, if the PC dies, you're left with a screen without a PC, though it's less awkward this way... no, I'm definitely building my machines 'till the end of times...

5k monitor is gimmicky.

You can spend $100 more on NZXT and double the RAM, an RTX 3080 + Kraken liquid cooling.

This is expensive even for overpriced prebuilds in this market.

Re-read the article, there IS an HDMI 2.1 input...
anywayn I've never been a fan of AIO PCs, not upgradeable, or too much of a pain.
If screen dies, you're left with a PC without a screen, if the PC dies, you're left with a screen without a PC, though it's less awkward this way... no, I'm definitely building my machines 'till the end of times...
No, it has one HDMI and three DisplayPort outputs. I have never seen an AIO with a display INPUT, just like how there are no laptops with a display INPUT.

No, it has one HDMI and three DisplayPort outputs. I have never seen an AIO with a display INPUT, just like how there are no laptops with a display INPUT.
Oops, yes, you're right! I should get a new pair of glasses... Yes, indeed, AIOs with inputs are, well, non-existent, and that's a shame, as they are also a screen, if you take out the computer part. It would make more sense with an input, for sure.

Back