HP DVD640v's Laser Will Not Shut Down. At all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello you techy peeps, I hope I won't have to bother you a whole lot. I will say "hi" real quick.

Hello! I'm Agnium, and pleased to meet ya.

So, my HP DVD640v burner (Which I was pretty fond of.) one day decided to up and malfunction completely out of the blue. One day, I was just trying to do some crap with RecordNow! and...It just did stuff. Basically, the laser will just not turn off. Contacted HP, there's no warranty, and what I need is to find a way to shut it off using software. Dug through "My Computer", found nothing, the only way to turn it off it to turn the whole thing off. The moment it goes on, so does the laser. It's just stuck.

I can't find another burner (Or DVD player for my computer, for that matter.), and I'm pretty much out of ideas. Help a fellow human being?

dvd burners are ubiquitous. I don't buy that you can't find one. You can get them dirt cheap just about anywhere. Look on ebay for starters.

Actually, I meant I couldn't find another one <i>around the house</i>. I would definately buy another except I'm dirt broke and a high school student with no job. I can either find the other one floating around the house somewhere, or fix my own (Preferred.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back