HP intros new all-in-one, revamped TouchSmart, more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

HP today introduced a pair of new desktop computers in addition to refreshing its existing TouchSmart system. Intended for use in a kitchen, family room or bedroom, HP says its All-in-One 200 PC crams the performance of a traditional desktop into a space-saving package. Configurations start at $700 with many hardware choices.

The system offers a 21.5-inch 1080p display, a range of Pentium Dual-Core and Core 2 Duo processors, up to 4GB of RAM, and 500GB to 750GB of storage. It also carries Intel GMA X4500 HD graphics, a DVD burner, a 6-in-1 card reader, and covers the typical array of ports and connectors. There's also talk of a mercury-free screen and reduced amounts of BFR and PVC throughout.

HP's second new addition is the corporate-bound, AMD-based Compaq 6005 Pro Ultra-slim. With measurements comparable to a ream of paper, it's quite a compact machine. Features include Sempron through Phenom II X4 processors, integrated Radeon HD 4200 graphics, up to 8GB of RAM, and just about every significant release of Windows XP, Vista and 7, as well as SUSE and FreeDOS.

Finally, the company has added a few new CPUs to its TouchSmart 600 all-in-one PC. While the previous Core 2 Duo model is still available, the TouchSmart can now be purchased with your choice of Core i3 and i7 processors. Additionally, HP has also added new touch-based applications to the line, including Beats Audio, CinemaNow, and Corel Paint It.

Permalink to story.

Why did they released these with crapy Intel graphics processing units? I bet that's because Intel pays them for this. :)

Prior all-in-one touchscreen from HP have had a huge failure rate or customer returns.Lots of them are now available as Factory Recondition and, Factory Serviced. What makes these newer model any better? Even QVC on 4/21/2010 had a DELL Workshop airing around 2pm EST. It was funny to see it wasn't DELL it was HP Workshop. They were peddling these one of these models over thousand range with 5 easy payments with free upgrades to Office 2010 full standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back