HP laptop wont boot up....HELP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

i hope someone can help me.
i have a HP compaq nc6000 laptop, it worked fine yesterday but now when i go to turn it on it comes up with the following:- " The last attempt to restart the system from its previous location failed. Attempt to restart again?" then gives two options "Delete restoration data and proceed to system boot menu" & "Continue with system restart"....... i choose continue with system restart, it starts to resume windows but then doesn't do anything, then for a split second a blue screen comes up with loads of writing on it, but it goes to quick to be able to read any of it.

please help

Press F8 just as windows begins to load and select safe mode from the menu and see if it will boot into that.

hi rik

already tried that, but it just shows the same black screen with the two options i mentioned in my thread, no mention of safe mode anywhere.???????

I doubt it to be honest. Most "factory" recovery disks will set everything to "new" condition.

what do you think would happen if i just select the "Delete restoration data and proceed to system boot menu", would that take it to the last restore point??

Possible, but there are no guarantees that it will work tho. Because we dont know what caused the problem in the first place its near impossible to predict what will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back