HP LJ P4014 restarts large printjobs in the middle

TechFee

[FONT=Arial]Hello, I have an issue I cant resolve with a networked HP LJ P4014 - (PC is Win 7 32 bit). Any time we try to print a larger PDF (anything over like 10 pages) the print job will get about 75 % of the way, error out, then restart printing the same file. Almost like it runs out of memory. Smaller paged jobs go through fine. I’ve noticed a 4 meg pdf, when I watch the print queue, it sends over 70 megs of data. ( Other XP machines can print the same file to the 4014 with no problem (ie7 – Win XP sp3 ))Things I've tried with the printer:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]-replacing toners - was getting a 10.10 supply error with the previous toner - not current toner[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]-upgraded printer firmware[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]-power cycled and pulled cat5 and power plug.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Things I tried with with PC:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]- upgraded Adobe reader[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]-downgrade IE from 9 to 8[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]-downgraded Adobe reader from 10 to 9 - removed Adobe and installed Foxit reader (same issue)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]-removed and reinstalled printer on PC - Tried every driver from HP ,even universal - manually installed printer and installed through search wizard[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]- installed MS Silverlight[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]- made sure bidirectional printing was unchecked[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]-stopped and restarted print spooler[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]I'm a tech and I'm stumped and I hate it. I haven’t contacted HP yet because I think the warranty just ended. I'm think it has to do with something with the printer memory or a printer setting I don’t know about. Any help would be much appreciated[/FONT]

Back