HP pavilion won't boot (not Windows specific)

Hello,

My pavilion dv9750ej stopped booting up. when powered, the fan will run, and an access is made to the disk twice -you hear the heads moving- When powered with RAM removed it beeps 4 times and the blue LED by the power button flashes but there is nothing on the screen. I don't know how to make any progress from here.

Thanks n advance for your time

Guy

Usually a google shows up plenty about a computer but hardly anything comes up when this model is input. It's an HP notebook with nVidia 8400 integrated graphics. There's a strong possibility that the problem is with the video chip which is soldered to the motherboard. If so, you might as well write it off because a replacement motherboard would be prohibitive in price and DIY repair is difficult. This has been a well documented problem affecting laptops from different manufacturers using the 8400/8600 graphics chip.

Try connecting the video output to an external monitor or TV. If you get something on the screen the problem is probably fixable. (inverter or screen failure)

I did try with an external monitor attached to the db15 and couldn't see anything but perhaps just attaching it is not enough(?)

Hold down the Fn key and try the required function key. It may have an icon on it to help with identification. Otherwise, you need your user booklet or someone who knows their way around your computer.

Hello,
the int/ext monitor switch is on f4 key but the external monitor remain as black as the internal.
Here are the sounds when powering: At second 3, the fan starts, second 5 and 8 resp. the first and second disc accesses. The bips are played when no memory stick is fitted.
Thanks for your help

Back