HP Ultrabook Folio1040 Clicking Sound

I have recently purchased a new HP Ultrabook Folio1040. After few days of use I noticed I could hear a clicking noise comming from my laptop, this noise you can only hear if the room is silent. any idea ?

I have replaced a new Sandisk 256 gb SSD hard drive with 128 ssd. is it normal to hear this sound ? speakers are on mute.

but sound only comes when I move my laptop ...when it is on flat surface the sound sometimes stops sometimes keep coming slowly. Thanks in advance.

Does the "click" sound only happen when you are moving the mouse or scrolling the wheel or anything (Basically, doing anything on the computer?)

If so the processor could just have a small click sound coming as it's processing, I've noticed this with a few system but most don't do it.

You say it has an SSD and not a HDD, so it shouldn't be the hard drive making the noise as there's no physical parts moving, it operates similarly to RAM. Otherwise I would see if it sounds like it's coming from where the Fan is.

I suggest to have your laptop checked immediately. I've had the same issues before with my MSI laptop. I ignored it, and then after a while the fan of the laptop stopped working. It wasn't long before my laptop started shutting down on its own.:confused:

Does the "click" sound only happen when you are moving the mouse or scrolling the wheel or anything (Basically, doing anything on the computer?)

If so the processor could just have a small click sound coming as it's processing, I've noticed this with a few system but most don't do it.

You say it has an SSD and not a HDD, so it shouldn't be the hard drive making the noise as there's no physical parts moving, it operates similarly to RAM. Otherwise I would see if it sounds like it's coming from where the Fan is.

no it just start coming as the laptop is start......and somtimes it stops for hours but sometimes start coming + when I move my laptop I can hear it coming randomly. its an ultrabook so I think its fan noise...

I suggest to have your laptop checked immediately. I've had the same issues before with my MSI laptop. I ignored it, and then after a while the fan of the laptop stopped working. It wasn't long before my laptop started shutting down on its own.:confused:
Thanks for the advice bro I will take it to some repairing shop.

We've had a bunch of these at our company and the clicking is annoying. The company that fixes them has replaced the heat sink and the sounds go away.

Back