HP's Slate 7 tablet undercuts the competition at $169.99

Shawn Knight

TechSpot Staff
Staff member
HP is finally getting back into the consumer tablet race as their previously-announced Slate 7 will begin shipping in the next few days. The Slate 7 represents the company’s first attempt at a consumer tablet since the ill-fated TouchPad hit...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/52386-hps-slate-7-tablet-undercuts-the-competition-at-16999.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

tipstir

TS Ambassador
It does have MicroSD slot read the specs on HP Slate 7 site. Just another tablet into the crowded tablet market.

captaincranky

TechSpot Addict
Why would I buy any slates or any tablet device of hp after they screwed me over with my touchpad.
In reality, that's the loss of only one sale, but a rather important one I'd venture to say. Now shush, no need to tell everyone that HP screwed you over. (Even if it was a conspiracy).

St1ckM4n

TS Evangelist
Well, considering it's a fair way off the N7 in terms of specs and even software, it's not really undercutting the competition. $30 more for a better device and better support.

chan_man

TS Rookie
The hp touchpad was the cheapest android tablet available... the update to Jellybean came out a week ago, so now you can have android 4.1.2 on a $100 9 inch tablet

St1ckM4n

TS Evangelist
The hp touchpad was the cheapest android tablet available... the update to Jellybean came out a week ago, so now you can have android 4.1.2 on a $100 9 inch tablet
It's debatable if the tablet was supposed to be the full 'RRP', or $99.