HTC Aria tethering

mandpaul

Hi,
I am trying to tether my htc aria to my dell vostro 1500.
AT&T had me download a sync program to my pc. Then, they said that they had to transfer me to htc for the rest. htc told me to download one of the tethering programs to my phone. I did that. I downloaded Android Tethering to my cell phone. Then, I was to download AndroidTethering adb.zip and save to my sdcard. The options were for x86 and amd64. I don't know what I have! So, I downloaded both versions to my sdcard. I hope that was okay.
Then, hooked up the phone to computer, found the androidtethering zip file, and unzipped and stored on my computer. According to AndroidTethering, I am to install the driver. I don't see how to do that. After installing the driver, I am to check a file to make sure the driver was installed.
Can someone tell me how to unzip a file, and then how to tell which file to run?

I have contacted AT&T again, htc again, and AndroidTethering, and no one seems to know how to help me!

Thank you, Maggie

I'll save you some time. I called all around and finally found out that AT&T had sold me a tethering plan for the aria and they do not support tethering for it. If you root your phone you can then use some tethering software but AT&T won't let you do it on a stock phone. I rooted mine, even got the cwd6 mod running on it, but never did as well as this which works without root or any mods. In fact, I stopped before writing this sentence and spent the $18.95 for a lifetime license. It's a usb tether but it has bluetooth tethering capability too as an alternative to the wire.

junefabrics dot com / android / download.php (gay no link until 5 post rule!)

enjoy

Back