HTC One delayed until late March, early April for select markets

Shawn Knight

Staff member

It looks as though the HTC One will miss its original launch date in the US and abroad. The handset was scheduled to arrive on March 15 but is now being pushed back to late March for certain markets and early April for other regions according to the handset maker. It’s unclear exactly why the HTC One is being delayed.

The delay likely couldn’t have come at a worse time for the struggling phone maker as rival Samsung is prepared to unveil the successor to the wildly popular Galaxy S3 at a media event in New York City tomorrow. If Samsung is able to get the phone out in a timely fashion, they could beat HTC to market.

htc smartphone shipments htc one delayed

Much like BlackBerry’s Z10, the One is regarded by many as the handset that could make or break the company. The smartphone features a 4.7-inch full HD 1080p display carrying an impressive 468 PPI which is flanked by two speaker strips above and below that are powered by internal amplifiers.

Inside is a quad-core 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor, 2GB of system memory and your choice of 32GB or 64GB of flash storage. The smartphone is equipped with Bluetooth 4.0, NFC Wi-Fi, DLNA and infrared technology as well as a microUSB port with MHL functionality. The phone will ship with version 4.1.2 of Jelly Bean.

Early reviews of the One are mostly favorable as HTC has earned praise for great build quality and a nice set of new features.

Permalink to story.

Unless the Galaxy s4 is aluminum, HTC one will slap the S4 upside down.
The interesting thing is the phone is not entirely aluminum, the back panel specifically is made of polycarbonate as Nokia phones. See more on this here: http://bit.ly/WbrItZ

Yeah I admit, this pretty handy.

However, from reviews it seem battery life is horrible.
This is evident from using 1080p in combination of a high speed CPU. Here there is a hint on that http://bit.ly/WbrItZ I guess most folks would dim the screen and not enjoy it.

As much as I want to try a samsung device, I'm a huge fan of HTC and I love my Inspire. I might have to go with HTC when I get a new phone just to make sure I do the only thing I can to keep HTC in business. I do wish these ONE X phones had dual LED flash. Its sad that I use my torch app that much that dual LED flash is a significant consideration in keeping my current phone. I can't help it. Its just the way I are.

Back