HTC One X+ is official with quad-core 1.7GHz Tegra 3 processor

Shawn Knight

Staff member

HTC has officially announced the successor to the original One X that launched back in the spring. There isn’t much new aesthetically with the HTC One X+ as it includes the same 4.7-inch display and form factor as before but internally, things are a bit beefier for sure.

HTC has infused the One X+ with a faster quad-core 1.7GHz Tegra 3 CPU, more storage capacity at 64GB and a larger 2,100mAh battery. The phone will ship with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and a modified Sense 4+ overlay. HTC says the 4G LTE speed on this handset is up to 67 percent faster although we are unsure how they measured this. This will reportedly be the first quad-core Tegra 3 phone with LTE in the US.

Sense 4+ includes a number of new software additions such as a Self Portrait mode with face detection for the front-facing camera, a sightseeing mode that allows for one-click photo captures without having to bypass the lock screen and a new Tap and Go feature that lets users link their phone to a Beats Audio speaker by touching the two devices together.

HTC will launch the One X+ in Europe and Northern Asia this month followed by South Asia in November. Pricing wasn’t mentioned in the press release nor do we know exactly when it will be coming to the US. AT&T has, however, said they will be carrying the phone as an exclusive later this year.

In related news, HTC is planning to release Jelly Bean to current One S owners on T-Mobile and One X users with AT&T later this month.

Permalink to story.

Many phone companies are now trying push steroid versions of their products, in a desperation, because they all know those products are 5 minutes from becoming obsolete.

There will be a mass announcement of 1080P phones by end of this year to take lead in the high-end mobile market, putting low-res ones out of business.

Too bad the Galaxy Note 2 will be one of the fallen ones. I had high hopes for that one, but it's just a little too late. It should have come out same time as S3. People already say that Note2 display is not as sharp as S3 because of the lowered PPI. It is one beast to be with 1080P for sure, or it won't last...Oh well :)

Sounds like an impressive phone but after all the issues ive had with my thunderbolt I wont be buying another HTC phone

This is going to be one HOT phone!

No, I mean seriously... way too hot to the touch for it to feel comfortable.

I would say this is HTC's "test model" and NOT get this phone, or at least wait to see the reviews and such...

I just bought a droid evo one and it can do at least half of this, maybe all ?

"Sense 4+ includes a number of new software additions such as a Self Portrait mode with face detection for the front-facing camera, a sightseeing mode that allows for one-click photo captures without having to bypass the lock screen and a new Tap and Go feature that lets users link their phone to a Beats Audio speaker by touching the two devices together."

I say hell yeah more processing power now they need to make a new OS to bog it down.

Been holding off changing from my HTC Desire HD as I wanted something with a bit more battery life. Will be watching for reviews and info on its 2100mAh battery as my current phone has 1230mAh. In fact if I could just get a 2100mAh battery for the Desire HD I'd be happy. Not really concerned with any of the other upgrades, although the 64GB does make up for having no microSD slot (32GB one in my current phone would be redundant though), or being able to play Playstation stuff on my phone... meh.

Aside from battery life what problems have you had?
data drops all the time, both mobile and wifi. although it could be a verizon tower issue the only posts ive read on forums from people with similar issues all had the thunderbolt. and it doesnt explain why my wifi drops data

Aside from battery life what problems have you had?
data drops all the time, both mobile and wifi. although it could be a verizon tower issue the only posts ive read on forums from people with similar issues all had the thunderbolt. and it doesnt explain why my wifi drops data

I have had similar issues with the HTC One X. I really liked the hardware of the phone and it felt good in the hand but there were too many problems with it. It used to just stop taking calls for no reason, power down for no reason and I had to reboot it all the time for various other reasons. I was coming from a iPhone 4S when I got the One X and wasn't used the these issues because the 4S just worked all the time. I did exchange it for a new one thinking maybe I got a bad unit but had the same issues. Then 2 weeks ago I got the Galaxy S3 and I love it. It's been rock solid and I run all the sames apps I did on my One X with not a single glitch (so far)..

Yeah I had the random reboot issue, my phone isnt under warranty anymore so I installed the LiquidSmooth ICS rom and its been much better. I really want the S3 but due to my contract I cant upgrade until mid december, I heard the S4 is possibly coming out in March so I may just hold out for that.

I know iphone is pretty consistant, but I cant bring myself to buy one. my wife has one and its just too "plain jane" for me :p

I'm agree with you on this Jizzy. I've had the iPhones and while they work very well, they are just so damn boring.

Im sick of seeing **** like this. phones dont need anything more than a dual core, releasing a quad core phone with a shitty 1.7 ghz clock speed doesnt make it better. make a dual core phone a 2.5 ghz proccessor something it'd be more productive and probably cheaper to make as well. quad core processor on a phone........lol totally unnecessary

Back