HyperX Cloud Revolver S Headset Review

Had looked at these recently as considering changing from the Logitech G930s, as they don't disconnect as frequently as they did before some hacks to fix them but they still disconnect. Considering the Logitech G533 (not the G933 because as much as I like RGB lighting I don't really want it on my head :D ), G633 or these. I've found the simulated surround on the G930s not too bad, not just the echo-y experience I'd had with surround headphones in the past, but as stated by Tim I don't believe it to be a "must have" feature as yet with gaming headphones.

Had looked at these recently as considering changing from the Logitech G930s, as they don't disconnect as frequently as they did before some hacks to fix them but they still disconnect. Considering the Logitech G533 (not the G933 because as much as I like RGB lighting I don't really want it on my head :D ), G633 or these. I've found the simulated surround on the G930s not too bad, not just the echo-y experience I'd had with surround headphones in the past, but as stated by Tim I don't believe it to be a "must have" feature as yet with gaming headphones.

Nothing a pair of quality Audio Technica or Sennheiser Open backs couldn't fix. I don't see why these gaming headset companies continue to push gimmicky features when they could pursue actual improvements in their drivers so they can reproduce proper sound positioning without the horrid quality of emulated surround.

Kingston got a good reputation with audiophile folks after the launch of Hyper X Cloud I, II and Core, since these headphones are nothing more than rebranded and beaufified versions of the good ol' Takstar Pro 80, widely accepted by the hardcore Hi-Fi community as a great headphone for its price. Nice to see that Revolver series are doing good! :D

When you're looking at throwing that kind of money at a gaming headset, you may as well go in and get a proper pair of wired, quality headphones with good sound quality, after all that's what really counts. With high priced gaming headsets you're generally paying for flash, gimmicks, brand name and not very much else. If you require a mic as well with a good pair of headphones, products like ModMic do exist and the quality far surpasses anything any gaming headset can offer.

They're just a gaming headset and if that's what you're after then it's my opinion you're better off getting the older HyperX cloud, 1 or 2, and save some money. As far as gaming cans go, they're just as good, if not better than these overpriced things. Buyers choice.

Arctis 5 F T W !

I just returned a pair of Arctis 3's to Amazon for having too much white noise / static. I may have to checkout the 5's. I need something other than my ATH-M50x for gaming cause I need an inline mic for when I'm on Xbone with a few buddies otherwise I'm covered on PC.

Dude is wearing the headset incorrectly in the photo..............rofl

He has the "R" on the left side of his head.

True, but he corrected it for the other photos ^^

Back