I’m having some font issues, please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, newbie here, and I really need some help.

I frequent a website that allows you to choose a either ‘veranda’ ‘serif’ or ‘sans-serif’ for text. I typically use the serif option because I’m used to reading with the Times New Roman font, only a completely different font is showing up on my new laptop. I’m not entirely sure which font it is, but I matched it closest to Batang and it’s very difficult to read, especially when the text uses italics and really, I just want Times New Roman back.

I checked my Internet Options and the fonts selected are Times New Roman and Courier New. I tried to delete Batang, but the computer won’t let me. I’ve been looking around online for two hours trying to find out a way to delete this font or get Times New Roman to show up instead and I’ve found nothing. Also, I know it’s not the website itself because I’ve checked it on three other computers and Times New Roman is coming up on all of them.

Can anyone help me please? This is driving me insane.

You will need to tell us a lot more about your computer brand and model, as well as the software installed on it... and the software you are using when you get this "Batang" and when you use Serif. Are you a university student? Are you using a Linux Operating System?

The computer is a Gateway MT6821, running Windows Vista. I’ve installed Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, iTunes, and the full version of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007. The only other programs installed were on the computer when I bought it and you can find them all listed at: http://www.gateway.com/retail/mt6821.php

I haven’t deleted any programs except the trail version of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007.

When I get the Batang font, I’m using IE7. I’ve checked the website on Safari, IE6, and again on IE7. From what I’ve read, Batang is some kind of Asian font, so I have no idea why I have it or why it’s showing up.

If knowing the website would help at all, it’s fictionpress.com or fanfiction.net. Verdana and sans-serif are the same, it’s only serif I’m having issues with.

For Internet Explorer, go to the startup, the click on tools, then appearance, then fonts.
There are similar settings in Windows Vista... or you can go to www.microsoft.com and do a search for adjusting fonts.
All fonts on a Windows computer are editable... all fonts in all internet software is similarly adjustable through edits in the various tool bars.

I'm going to go ahead and blame office for the mishap. I wish I knew more about vista, but based off my experience with XP, i'd check the IE settings like Raybay said. I'd also look in the fonts folder and make sure that font is still there. On IE6 you go tools -> internet options and the font button is right there, and it tells you what font it's going to use. let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back