I am looking for the Best HD Defragmenter/Optimizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GWillford

I am looking for the BEST Hard Drive Defragmenter/Optimizer. I have tried Nortons Speed Disk and was Unhappy with the results and I have also tried Executive Softwares Diskeeper 8.0 Professional and was very Displeased with the results. Can anyone tell me wht the BEST defragmenter/Optimizer is for Windows XP home edition. I am trying to optimize the performance of my Hard Drive and have yet to find a program that meets my needs. Thank you for your help.

What exactly are you looking for?
What didn't you like about Norton Speed Disk or Diskeeper 8?
What do you mean by "the BEST" defragmenter?

There is nothing wrong with the two utilities you mentioned.

My favourite is O&O Defrag.

Diskeeper is good, but on my newest PC (nForce2) it makes WinXP unresponsive and appear to lock up whilst diskeeper is active (despite being set to normal priority). Works fine on my old KT266 mainboard.

And there's also PerfectDisk, which is what I use. I think it does a good job, but seems to me that Diskeeper is a little faster.

Not sure about O&O, but as with Diskeeper, you can try the PerfectDisk trial and see how you like it.

If you're not looking for speed of defrag, but quality...I'd go with System Mechanic 4 ...What it does, is pack all your file to the front of the HD instead of just looking for the next open space to shove the file into...It takes a long time to complete it...but when it's done...you'll really notice the speed increase of your page filing!!!

:D http://www.iolo.com/sm/4/index

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back