I can BSOD my computer on command

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepsihatman

Hello folks. My name is David. I've never posted here, but I have been completely stumped by my BSOD problem. I'll start off with my system specs, a quick description of when the problem occurs, then I'll move on to posting the most recent error message from the most recent BSOD.

System Specs and Hardware
MSI K9ND Speedster-wa6 mobo (dual processor)
(2) AMD Opteron 2356 2.3GHz quad core Barcelona processors
Thermaltake heatsinks with 90mm silenx fans
(4) 2GB DIMMs of DDR2 667 ECC Registered memory (all that the mobo takes)
Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 PCI-E 1GB GDDR3
FSP Everest 900 watt PSU
Western Digital 750GB black edition HDD Sata
Hitachi deskstar 500GB HDD Sata
Plextor Optical DVD reader drive Sata
Sony Optical DVD burner/reader drive Sata
Running Windows 7 Ultimate

BSOD occurs randomly during gameplay of World of Warcraft. I can force a BSOD every time when performing the Windows Experience Index. It has never failed to produce a BSOD.

Most recent error messages
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8008146038
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\090309-18671-01.dmp
C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-37218-0.sysdata.xml

Please let me know if there is any other info that I can provide. I have a basic grasp of these concepts, but nothing serious. I'm at a loss. I've downloaded and installed the appropriate drivers for my nforce chipsets, vid card, audio, etc. Any direction or help would be appreciated.

-David

0x124 errors are hardware related and is one of the most difficult - if not the most difficult - one to pin down. It can becaused by any piece of hardware you have. And though many attach their minidumps I have yet to see one give a definitive cause.

There is a lot of work ahead. I didn't notice a minidump attached. Zip 5 of your latest minidumps into one Zip file and attach in your next post.

Awww... hardware issues. Yay. I've attached my last 5 minidumps in a zip file. Thanks mate. I have no idea how to decode those files. I just recently built this system and have never really had to deal with BSODs outside of the ones that were fixed with driver updates hah.

I read your dumps and it is as I thought it would be: Nothing definitive to what I can read. They only list OS drivers and they are normally too general to be of much help. Try the following:

1. Check your BIOS and see if the memory voltage is set to the manufacturer's specs.

2. If you have overclocked ease back the timings.

The 0x124 error replaced the 0x9C error in XP but the definition is the same:

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

1. I have confirmed that my memory voltages are running at 1.8v in each DIMM which is recommended as far as I know.

2. I have not overclocked anything at this point

I was guessing that the results of the dump files would be somewhat ambiguous. Have any gut feelings about the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back