I have lags in some games although my min fps is more than 30

SKYSTAR

hi guys :
my problem that i have lags in some games like deus ex HR and call of juarez the cartel, Although that my min fps is more than 30 , the lagging happens due to suddenly drop in fps , i play deus ex with avg fps = 50 but in certain areas of the game the fps drops suddenly from 60 to 32 and that makes the game lags
Any help or suggestions will be appreciated

Hi SKY,
you have a few problems working against you. The 9600 GT is a few generations old, and is not capable of taking advantage of the full 1GB of buffer attached to it. add to this that it's not that great of a gaming card. secondly, you have a CPU with no L3 cache, this has an impact in most modern titles. What you specifically describe, and without having more info , sounds like you are running out of buffer. For SOME games, OC'ing the GPU and or the CPU may give you a bit of a boost (5-10%) but more GPU is really the answer.

but if the problem with the gpu ,why the fps dosen't go below than 30

I'm not sure i understand what you are asking. Why are you equating "the problem" specifically with "below 30 FPS?" 30 fps is not a magic threshold, you are getting the swing in frames per second because of your machines capabilities, or limits. I already said that it sounds to me like you are hitting the limits of frame buffer. If I understand the sudden drops and "lag" you are speaking of.

thank you red1776 ,but if i want to upgrade my gpu , what is the best gpu for my cpu capabilities ????
is it HD 6770 or 6850 or 6870 or 6950????

The 6950 is the most powerful obviously, but price/performance wise, the 6850 or 6870 is the better deal and would be a huge bump in performance over the 9600 GT.

the problem is not in my gfx or any part of my hardware because both of deus ex HR and call of juarez the cartel have a stuttering and fps drop problems even on high end systems and this problem fixed with steam update

Now that you mention it, I think both Deus EX and Juarez had driver revisions (Cap 3) last week as well for the same reason.

Sky, I would just wait for the 28 nm cards to come out. I have been told the performance cards of the hd 7000 series will be released during Christmas. Just wait and see.

Back