I have this error with Perfect Disk...help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

torrenter

I've got this error on startup of PerfectDisk, my disk defragmenter, "Failed to connect to computer "DANIELSROOM", The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. (0x8007041d)."
Strangely the program doesn't recognize my hard drive, but other defragmenters I have installed do? Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks for any help.

Perfect disk seems to not recognise some usb mass storage devices

That error is to do with the microsoft console, sometimes the service dos'nt allow it integrate in msc for some unknown reason, are you running it in computer management?

just a bug with the software i guess, but it's a damn good defragmenter

uninstall and reinstall after diskcheck curred mine

Error with Perfect Disk continued..

Perfect Disk doesn't recognise my internal hard disks. They're not USB. I had uninstalled and reinstalled in the past, because of the same problem. Someone previously said it could be a virus, but system seems clean. I've made checks on all things spyware/viruses etc. It can't be that. What do you mean by the following?

"That error is to do with the microsoft console, sometimes the service dos'nt allow it integrate in msc for some unknown reason, are you running it in computer management?"

Sorry typing error "MMC" (microsof management console)

When i had errors with mine, I checked the event log and found that the eror was a MMC error.

to enter computer management (this is also known as MMC, perfect disk is a plugin/snapin in the management console) you right click my computer and select manage, you should see perfect disk under storage.

Mine works perfectly at the moment so if you want to view whats causing yours, open computer management, expand "event viewer" under system tools, and look at any errors in the log, it might also give you a link or solution for the problem. It might also be a good idea to check the system log as well.

PerfectDisk help..

Thanks for your help, pcaceit. The errors and log details don't seem to help much, but I have other disk defragmenters that I can use.

torrenter said:
Thanks for your help, pcaceit. The errors and log details don't seem to help much, but I have other disk defragmenters that I can use.

I should have said earlier that there's also an issue with a particular version of mmc and perfect disk, but that was the only thing that was affected on my system.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back