I need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Asus A7V8X-LA motherboard which came in a hp machine. I am trying to overclock it but I think I need to update my bios as I have hardly any features in my current one. I have an amd 3000+ xp barton, 1.616v, 2100mhz, FSB 200mhz, bus speed 400mhz. I have a phoenix technologies v3.07 bios. 1 gig of 3200 ddr-sdram.

1. Can I overclock this machine?

2. Will updating my bios give me the advanced features?

3. I have heard asus motherboards can be flashed while in windows, im asking b/c I have no floppy installed, can this be done and what are the risks if so doing it that way?

4. If I don't update the bios is there any way to overclock without changing bios settings?

Thanx for any help you could give me, I have never overclocked and bought this AMD machine just to do it. If you8 guys could spare some time to help find me some info or answers i would appreciate it so much. thnx again

You cant OC, dell/hp/etc lock that feature out, and I doubt you can update your bios.

Bios Update

i just recently went from v3.07 to 3.10 on hp's website, was able to install just fine and you dont need floppy drive.

overclocking

you cant overclock they did lock out those features in bios, pretty much what you got is what you get, updating bios still does not let you get advanced features.

Unless you get a hacked bios(if one exists), then you probably can't oc it from the bios. Some programs can oc from windows though, like clockgen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back