I need serious help

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer is basically going crazy. I'm not positive but I think that it might have to do with windows updates, but I tried to do windows update and it started but never finished. So I went and got on my Winamp.. and it said bad direct sounddriver.. I have read on other places to change the output file but that didn't work. It also when I got to sounds and audio devices in control panel that there is no audio device found. I realized all this might be because of the windows update problem, but now that I want to update the windows it wont let me, because now my internet connection will not connect. I have wireless and it just says no connections found. I went to device manager and it has little exclamation points over the files having to do with audio and sound and also with linksys internet connection. I really need to know what to do about this it is making me crazy and I for one no not much about computers. Also I tried to check my firewall to see if that was the problem but it also tells me that the fire wall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running.I think my whole computer has just completely gone mad! please help this 20 year old blonde girl who knows nothing about computers!! =)

Determine the devices which need drivers, using your invoice, the motherboard site, or inventory software.
Download all the drivers, along with exact instructions for their installation. Use another computer, if necessary, and burn the drives to a CD, DVD, or Flash USB drive.
Remove or disable the old drivers.
Reboot.
Install the new drivers.
Check the Device Manager.
Run Microsoft Update two or more times.
Check the Device Manager one more time. If you still have the yellow or red flags, do some research on the devices to figger out why your drivers didn't work. Often, you have to go back to an earlier driver.

also this can be fixed by reformat and reinstall of windows if the drivers do not do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back