I need some assistance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new compaq presario c304NR which has a corupted windows XP.
I wanted to repair it by using windows XP CD. I boot with the cd but when it reaches to the setup option it says no Hard disk found. Previously I had similer problem when I bought a pavilion ze2000 laptop with germany OS but I solved the matter by enabling HDD in the bios. To this compaq I fail to find the option for enabling HDD in the bios. Can some body assist me?

This question was asked by another person.. but now I need to know how I can find the resources I need to find to get my laptop back up and running.

Frequently, this means your hard disc drive is defective.
What is reported in the BIOS?
Why do you believe the Windows XP is corrupted instead of having a bad hard drive?
Why do you think it is that you can see the hard drive is defective?
When you boot to correct the problem, are you booting from a cold boot... in other words, from a computer that is shut down?

Easy

You may need to download a driver for the hard drive controller via the manufacture website. Better hope that thing came with a floppy drive :)

Extract the downloaded files to a floppy disk.

When you boot from them XP CD the first option will ask you to hit F6 if you want to install any SCSI drivers.

Hit F6 and follow the rest of the directions when prompted.

Otherwise as raybay has pointed out, you may have a corrupt hard drive. If it is brand new, take it back. Why waiste you time when it is still avaliable for exchange ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back