I need ur help pretty urgent lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

foley

lol ok ok

so me and my m8 last week got a "little drunk" and my m8 simon fell on my computer ( nothing was broke i checked it) expept for my cover ( i have a custom built pc)

now the real problem

every time i log on to say a game like CoD 4 or world of warcraft my computer shuts down no warning is given to me i think it either to do with my computer over heating due to my cover being cracked
my fans areeither broke
or it my power supply

if u have had experience of this matter could u please contact me quickly because seeing i have the money atm i could get it fixed today

cheers foley

foley said:
( nothing was broke i checked it) expept for my cover ( i have a custom built pc)

:D Sentence full of contradictions.

Anyway, open your case up and reseat everything, including all of the cables. Check your heatsink, it may have been knocked a bit loose or something. Leave the side of the case off when you start the PC to make sure all the fans are spinning etc.

hehe

one thing m8 i didnt make the pc and even thought im studying all this crap i still dont know what a heatsink is

but

shall i reconnect all cables etc

i know a bit bout computer but bit of a noob when comes to rebuilding the ****

It's the large aluminium or copper block with fins and a fan attached to it sticking off of your motherboard. It rests on the CPU, drawing heat away from it. If there isn't a solid contact between the two your CPU is probably overheating.

hmm

it seems to be working not losse or anything but my 2nd fan on my side window casing looks a little loose and i forgot to mention my cover has a platic side window which is cracked

A crack (if it's open) could alter the airflow and air pressure inside the case, but I wouldn't think of it as being detrimental.

If you aren't given an error I would almost be willing to bet that it's a cause of heat dissipation because you experience it during times that your PC is under load.

Try monitoring your PC's temperatures when you open WoW etc.

well

we there is a chunk missing out the plastic near the power supply show a little of that big fan thingy majic

ok

i see a medium sized chunk of plastic out of my side window my 2nd fan on my case look loose and thats really about it

I see.

Well, I would monitor the temperatures of your components as I said previously. If nothing is overheating, we can dig deeper.

i just

hmmm i just started wow up the tempretures reading normal but it still shut down on me ive just done an anti virsus scan with avg and that show up with no virus or potential danger to my system

What were the readings on your components?

If you are 100% sure the PC isn't overheating, and you've taken the time to reseat every component and cable, you've got your work cut out for you. It's probably best off borrow a similar PC and swapping things one by one until your issue is resolved. For instance, take your PSU out, put the other PSU in, if you're still experiencing the same issue, switch them back and try another component.

:) Maybe "Simon" owes you a new component or two.

ye

ye okay thanks m8 illget simons pc (might not be much use thought seeing he lives in the gHETTO (lol Joke) but ill see what i can do )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back