I would like my money back

ptitterington

I suppose this is a common problem but Its so annoying when you are unable to do anything short of standing in the shop badmouthing it to potential customers.

My sorry story,
We needed to have a Laptop for our youngest daughter for school.(yep they need them at 9yrs old here). After some research the best deal I could get was a Time computer with case etc purchased by cheque in the Jersey branch with the absolute promise that It should arrive before 28 days but never never later than 28 days.(17th Aug) As the timing was critical we agreed.

28days went then another week and we have had to rent a laptop. We have been given every possible excuse, shipping delayed parts bla bla bla. Apparently It was lost in the post or the carrier had lost it and it could not be tracked. The shop agreed to cancel and Head office issue a refund. Last week the computer turned up and we refused delivery.
Every day I speak to the local office and am promised a call from the UK. I have no email address and the customer service line takes about 35mins at 35p per min to get through to be told that it is being dealt with.

What can I do. I purchased a Dell and it came down in 10 days.

The only benefit that I can see is that the spec improved a lot with the 6 week delay.

I really feel like parking my JCB across the shop entrance until I get some action.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm not sure what you can do but look forward to the bright side; Dell laptops used to pass the old coke on the keyboard test in the annual laptop torture tests. Most laptops don't have sealed keyboards. The same test would result in a big pile of useless electronics that's probably not covered under warranty...that's something to think about with a 9 year old. A guy here at worked spilled juice on his IBM laptop...fortunately it was a company laptop! (No, the keyboard wasn't sealed!)

I think about the only thing you can do is just wait it out. And just stay eternally mad at them. I agree that it wasn't very professional of them to act this way, but that is what you get now adays form some of these companies.

Back