IBM Thinkpad T20 Thinkpad Type 2647-92U Won't Boot my MS Office 2005 CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a used IBM Thinkpad T20 Thinkpad Type 2647-92U from eBay for use this semester on campus. It is in great shape and has a recent edition of Windows XP but an older version of MS Office which does not boot properly.

This computer was a part of a network and keeps trying to connect to it each time Windows loads. It came with a LinkSys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter 2.4 GHz 802.11g card.

The CD is an official copy; clean and has no scratches or nicks. The DVD/CD-ROM will boot other CD's such as music CD's and DVD films and data discs with MS Word files etc on them.

Any help would be appreciated!

Yours,

Kyklopes

That T-20 is pretty long in the tooth. I suspect your optical drive either needs cleaning, or is worn beyond repair.
Did you try the CD in another drive as a double check?

Thanks for replying!

raybay said:
That T-20 is pretty long in the tooth. I suspect your optical drive either needs cleaning, or is worn beyond repair.

I cleaned it the day I purchased it with a Maxell CD-345 Laser Lens Cleaner with System Check (Gold) from Radio Shack. The cleaning and checks ran/worked well, it seems(?).

raybay said:
Did you try the CD in another drive as a double check?

Yes on my Compaq Presario SR2011 desktop.

I just tried some different CD's CD-ROM's in the drive and they worked fine. A few FujiFilm 80min CD-R Audio and a Memorex 52x 700MB 80min CD-R.

Could it possibly be some differences in the brands/types of the CD's themselves?

Yours,

Kyklopes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back