IE Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmantihacker

Im having a problem with my Internet Explorer SP2. when i go the yahoo.com, my yahoo logo doesnt work. Alot of ads stuff on any site doesnt work. Help me out please.

So you want your ads back huh? :)

Well if "no" pictures show up, likely images are set not to show in your browser. In "Internet Options" in the "Advanced" tab if you look in the "Multimedia" section there is a check box for "Show Images". Try that.

Otherwise, if ads don't work, it can be that some program has "immunized" you from them. Spybot can do this, as well as many other anti-spyware tools.
To see this list, go back into Internet Options, click the Security tab, click the "Restricted Sites" icon and then the "Sites" button. If there is anything listed, they will be blocked for the most part.

If neither of those work, I would go through every tab and button in the Options page and hit the "restore defaults" button or similar. This is under the Security tab and the Advanced tab and others. Clear your temps and cookies while you're at it.

Good luck.

It's that stupid Spybot which totally screwed up my internet explorer. I didnt have any problem when i was using aol software.

I wasnt the one who installed spybot. my brother did this for no reason and he has no right to download anything on my hard drive.

i no what its like to be so mad, my babay borther always playes games on my computer, i told him he beetter not tutch my new rig when i build it, y dont u try lokcing ur pc

Sure we can help. Note that it isn't a "bad" thing if Spybot "immunized" you from nasty web advertisers. But you didn't say whether that restricted sites list had any items or not. If it does, you can easily remove them from there.

Like Nodsu said, make sure you have flash loaded:
http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash
And you can skip loading Yahoo or anything else but Flash.

You might also make sure java is working:
http://www.java.com

Other than that, be more specific about what isn't working. Is it only a couple pages? Or every page? Is it every picture? Or some pictures? What exactly is it?

It's still didnt work, some of the site dont work right on the explorer. Im liking it. by the way, some site when i go back to the previous page it took two or more time to get back.

If there's a setting someplace in I.E. or Spybot for "load (or don't load) graphics from third-party sites" or "only from originating site", set it so that it loads graphics from all sites. Yahoo stores many of its graphics elsewhere and so if the setting is set to only load graphics from the originating site, you won't get half of the Yahoo stuff. That's really what it sounds like to me. Look for a "load graphics from originating site only" type of setting in Spybot and set it to allow all graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back