If you aren't using this freeware, you're missing a great program

holdum323

Hi I'm a little bored tonight, so I'm going to start this strange thread. This is the best freeware program I have ever found and I want to share it with TS members. This is a great program that will find all your files and folders. I guarantee you will love it. Give it a look. It's freeware and it's recommended here on TS. I use it all the time and I want to share it with TS members. Let me know what you think. I'm always trying to make a good hand on TS. This is a great forum and I'm really enjoying myself.;)
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/6053-everything.html

I've played around with it several years ago. Never needed it because I know where I put all of my files. Asides from that on the rare occasion I do misplace a file, the file manager I've used for 20 years has a search facility. Those that don't use a third party file manager, I can certainly understand why a third party search would be needed. Microsoft may have a nice operating system, but their integrated features suck ***. I have always hated the fact that there was so much pathetic integration. Integration that everyone always wants to replace.

Hi! Do you ever uninstall programs? If you do, there will always be files that are left behind no matter what program use use to uninstall the program. This program will find them and allow you to delete them. That's the way to keep your PC clean and mean. :D I'm a clean freak. I can't help it. I like a clean and mean machine.

On the occasion I do need to uninstall several applications, I will at that time make a decision to fall back on a system backup.

On the occasion I do need to uninstall several applications, I will at that time make a decision to fall back on a system backup.
Hi @cliffordcooley A system backup will make you a fearless Windows user. I preach backing up your OS every where I go. I wish everyone would learn how to create back up images.
Thank you for your reply!

Here's something that just happened to me. I updated CCleaner and was in a hurry. I let it install Avast on me. I don't want or need Avast. It really pissed me off, but with Search Everything and Regedit, I was able to get rid of every trace of Avast.
Search Everything is a great program. Creating back up images with 3rd party programs will be the best thing you ever do to make yourself a fearless Windows users. The internet has become a cesspool and you really have to be careful these days. I'm thinking the internet will only get worst. Oh Well. We will have to adjust.

I'm kinda OCD when it comes to files on my computer. I have several partitions on my drives separating Music, Videos, Programs etc. I have folders to further narrow things down so finding things is pretty easy for me. I do like to play with new programs though.

Back