Ignore List

Do you want to keep the Ignore list feature?

• Keep It

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Get Rid of It

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
I voted NO.

There are a multitude of posts here and posters. If someone rubs you wrong just 'ignore' them, don't censor their posts electronically.

If they are complete and utter BAD posters, then institute a 'Reporting Malcontents' system and off to Siberia with them.

If they are rude, obnoxious and troublesome, just get Julio to ban them.

Owners should be available for such stuff - Mods get too powerful they go strange.

Ya know!

:)

Thank-you CCT for your input

I am currently on the fence with this one
But leaning towards Ignore option removed

I'm open to others comments on all this too...

I voted Keep It, but really I don't care since I probably shouldn't be one to use it. I don't see why you'd want it removed though. Maybe there are some hostilities between 2 members and 1 just doesn't want to deal with any underhanded attacks or percieved attacks. This is a much simpler way to deal with it rather than complaining to a mod that some guy is being 'mean' to you.

I voted Don't Care, it's good for hiding posts of spammers in my opinion.

It is good to have there sometimes but most of the time its out of the way and wouldn't bother me either way if it was there or not, as CCT says just ignore the posts, i never bother using the ignore list most the time anyway.
Just a nice addition with the contacts and friends list i suppose.

I agree with CCT and SNGX. If you don't want to see someone's post, just browse right over it.

It's just like common sense when donwloading files and visiting websites. If something doesn't look right, or you know it's a problem, you probably don't get involved again with it. You don't need your computer telling you not to go somewhere........okay maybe some people do :p

Actually I'm a bit confused at the whole thing. Sure we just banned some kid that was causing some trouble, but the original post has the tone that Kimsland wanted the ignore feature removed until today, and now we have a poll - which seems to me to be set up like we are trying to vote for or against its removal. There are no plans to remove it, I don't know why there would ever be. But I guess if you feel strongly it should be removed, then I would like to hear arguments for it.

I really can't think of any good reasons to have it removed, maybe there are some, but I'm convinced the positives of NOT removing it far outweigh removing it.

Edit: Part of my confusion is from CCT. He says he voted no, I assume by the rest of his post he meant he actually wanted to vote Yes, to have the list. But based on the vote results so far it doesn't look like he voted at all. The first post is not worded consistently with the poll, and the poll isn't worded very clearly either. I will fix the Poll wording.

I vote yes, to have a list, if only because it lets you remove posts for jackoffs. Say I don't like someone. Like SNGX or Poert. Or Veh. Especially Veh. Ya'll don't want to see me complain about every post he makes. Instead, I can just ignore them. Like I do on IRC...

SNGX1275 posted (in part): "Edit: Part of my confusion is from CCT. He says he voted no, I assume by the rest of his post he meant he actually wanted to vote Yes, to have the list. But based on the vote results so far it doesn't look like he voted at all. The first post is not worded consistently with the poll, and the poll isn't worded very clearly either. I will fix the Poll wording."

You aren't confused, just didn't read the post well.

If the choices aren't to my liking, I make my own and comment.

In this case, I didn't like the choices SO I thought I ticked get rid of it BUT I maybe thought I should make my own.

NO!

Get it?

I was confused, because the poll was worded weird, and so was/is kimsland's original post. I edited the poll so it makes more sense on what you are voting for. But you still said you voted NO, which I changed to "Get Rid of It". At the time I changed that, that result had no votes, I didn't modify its' result. So either I'm confused because you didn't vote and you said you did, or I've misread what you said again.

I've never used the feature myself yet but I don't see the harm in keeping it.

I've never used the feature myself yet but I don't see the harm in keeping it.

That sums it up pretty well. It's a standard vB feature that has been there for years. I see no need nor do I have the intention of removing it unless something catastrophic happens.

Julio, when someone obviously /ignores you and posts right below yours the same answer you just gave, is it appropriate to ask if they are senile?

Back