I'm absolutely at my wits end

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my computer has been infected by a virus if not many viruses. As well there's some something called "PC antispyware" that is reaking havoc on my patients and I'm sure my computer as well. I'm not that savy when it comes to this thing but I'm desperate because the laptop that I'm using is my work computer and could really handle it not being destroyed.

I'm at my wits end, please someone help me get this "PC antispyware" off my computer, I'm downloaded a lot of spyware's and such.

Patrick Davis

Hi Patrick,

Welcome to Techspot! I am very familiar with this infection

My name is Blind Dragon and I will be helping you with your Malware problem. During the course of our interactions please be sure to follow all instructions carefully, and ask questions if you are unsure of how to proceed at any point.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please copy and paste the log into your next reply
    • If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this:
    • C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Highjackthis Instructions
  • Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.0.2) it can be downloaded from HERE
  • Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe. Please don't change the directory.
  • After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
  • After the scan is complete please attach your log onto the forums using the paper clip icon above your reply.

When MBAM finished it's scan it said that I had 220 infected files. When I pushed ok, show results, and remove selected it started doing what I am assuming was removing the infections..... and then my screen turned blue and my computer turned off and restarted.

In the past few days anytime I would try to close PC Antispyware down in my tray my screen would immidiately turn blue and my computer would turn off and restart.

There's writing on the blue screen but the computer turns off to fast for me to read it.

I'm not finding a file in notepad to post.

Download and Run ComboFix
  • Download this file to your desktop from either of the two below listed places :

HERE or HERE
  • Then double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Attach that log in your next reply
WARNING: Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

ERROR: You can not rename combofix as combofix1.

Please rename it using alphanumerials.

the other link won't download at all for me.

Ok then, lets try this.

: Download and Run DSS

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.
  • Close all applications and windows.
  • Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
  • When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt<- this one will be minimized.
  • Attach the main.txt and the extra.txt in your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back